Installation Problem...

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
Kris
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Installation Problem...

Post by Kris »

I just downloaded Vega Strike for 6 hours(the dl speed is low in here) and when I started Installing it, I noticed that i was supposed to download a 613MB file, but the one I got (VS Setup 0.5.1 r1.exe) is only 585MB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: Installation Problem...

Post by klauss »

I noticed the same, I couldn't finish the download, but I noticed the discrepancy in size.

Pheonix will probably have a clue :) - I'll be out of touch till monday.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

584mb is the size it shows on my computer, and what was uploaded. I will download the exe and see what the problem could be. Takes about 4-5 hours to upload the thing though. I haven't heard of any other installation issues like this one.

If you right click the installer the exact size should be 613,043,375 and shows size on disk as 613,044,224 which is why sf.net shows 613 I assume.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
log0

Post by log0 »

Not sure if it helps, but I found using ftp for up/download much more stable than the web interface especially with big files.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/SFTP
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

I did that with the last upload, tried with this upload but it wouldn't let me go to the correct directory so went with the web upload.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Download completed, same size as what I have. The mirror it was on was a little slow though.
Kris

Post by Kris »

Im going to try and re-download again, wish the setup files wont be corrupted again... :D
Btw its not 613MB really, looking at its properties, it says 613,043,375 bytes, divide it by 1024 to make it kB, then another 1024 to make it MB, and you get 584MB
Kris

Post by Kris »

Found the Problem, the setup files were corrupted due to a cut-off connection,
Anyway I just re-downloaded the installer.
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Glad everything works now (I hope)