Trapped

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
vegafan
Trader
Trader

Trapped

Post by vegafan »

Trapped inside a station , as soon as I undock I get shot to pieces from hostile ships unfortunately It is one of those station that require complex manuavers to dock so cannot just exit at full speed.

Very disapointed game looked like a proper game when I downloaded it dont feel like starting again, but such silly situation I cannot tolerate.
greenfreedom10
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Trapped

Post by greenfreedom10 »

The way game difficulty is handled will hopefully be changed at some point.
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... 27&t=16091
AVBJim
Merchant
Merchant

Post by AVBJim »

Sometimes restarting the game or loading another save then reloading that save will cause the swarm attacking you to not respawn at the exit of the station. I have found this to work after dying. It may give you time to start an escape run. On the escape run, do not hit auto right away. Set your travel mode from maneuver to travel (the y key) and accelerate to a high speed where they cannot catch you, then go to auto. Using SPEC drive is also a good way to give you a few minutes breathing room once you are in space. Don't worry about the direction, just kick SPEC in (shift a) and go.

Also, if you start fighting them and keep killing some, you will eventually kill enough that you can then move around again. This method calls for lots of deaths, so be prepared to greet the Mistress many times. Do not hit reload or restart the game until you have cleared the swarm out and have saved elsewhere. No new units will spawn after you die and respawn yourself. They will only respawn if you choose to reload the game from the save game window or quit then restart the game.

Good Luck
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Also, it sounds silly, but it's possible to ram the station on undocking and trigger "base defence" swarm launch.
In this case, set undock_turn_away in config to "false", so the reverse position is not set automatically.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter