Mesa version

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
polarfox
Explorer
Explorer

Mesa version

Post by polarfox »

What would be a good mesa version? 5.0.1 says it's too old...

--snip
checking whether glx.h defines glXGetProcAddressARB... no
configure: error: Your copy of glx.h is out of date. You can get a more recent
copy from the latest Mesa distribution (http://mesa3d.sourceforge.net).
snip--

and it's the latest stable...

could start compiling slackware again =)
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

actually you have to replace glXGetProcAddressARB
with glXGetProcAddress
they changed the name of the bloody function for no apparent reason GRRRRRRR
not sure how to detect for this--but I prolly need some detection in the configure script
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
polarfox
Explorer
Explorer

Post by polarfox »

Cool... that does happen sometimes... I think they should include some kind of a legacy support for those... but... everyone goes their own way...
Viper168
Hunter
Hunter

sorry...

Post by Viper168 »

Forgive me for asking here, when this is for vega strike.... but I have this problem with tuxracer..... What am I supposed to replace?

I googled it and this was the only place I could find that had anything relavent. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks
pontiac
Elite
Elite
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Re: sorry...

Post by pontiac »

Viper wrote:Forgive me for asking here, when this is for vega strike.... but I have this problem with tuxracer..... What am I supposed to replace?

I googled it and this was the only place I could find that had anything relavent. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks
I don't know if this will fix it for you, but here is a short description of the replacing:

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/phpwi ... talling#Q5

Pontiac
Viper168
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Viper168 »

I'm getting this when I do a ./configure, will I have to edit whatever configure uses to check, and then wait for a crash during compile to see what file refers to glx.h? Then edit that file, and try to compile again? Where does configure look to see what it needs?
Viper168
Hunter
Hunter

Whee I say, whee!

Post by Viper168 »

Thanks for your help, I edited the config fileand successfully compiled tux racer. I wouldnt have been able to do it without ya!
larsl

GLX_GLXEXT_LEGACY

Post by larsl »

A cleaner way to fix this seems to be to define the preprocessor variable GLX_GLXEXT_LEGACY. There is some code in glx.h that checks if this variable is defined, in which case it uses the old function name.