good ship for all purposes?

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Blazer X
Explorer
Explorer

good ship for all purposes?

Post by Blazer X »

Can someone please tell me where i can get a ship which i can use for all purposes?

Oh, and does anyone know where to buy a cloaking device?

Thanks.
gamelord91
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gamelord91 »

Your starting llama is a good all around ship, but a stock Admonisher would be a good all-around replacement.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Finding a clocking device is a bit of a crap shoot i have seen them at Research Stations but not all of them there is also the option of buying an Arean ship with it built in but the initial meeting may be painful :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

Cloaking device: warships (and sometimes Clydesdales) may have it in their Experimental upgrade section. Research stations also carry it, and milspec Schroedingers come with one but cost 2 million credits. You can also reliably find the Aera milspec cloaking device on Aera capships (and sometimes planets, e.g. Aera Trantor class) but it costs even more than a milspec Schroedinger. On the other hand, it can bypass the anti-cloaking countermeasures that some Aera ships have.

(Hint: blowing up Luddites and pirates will increase your standing with everyone, including the Aera. If you plan on conducting commerce with the Aera, take some bounty missions on pirates first.)

Good ship for all purposes: Well, it depends on what you mean by "all purposes"...

I find that the milspec Dostoevsky is the best general-purpose combat ship, with maneuverability for fighter engagements and heavy weapons for taking on heavier fighters and light capships. It also has pretty good shields. However, the cargo hold is tiny and there's not really any room for a tractor beam.

The Llama is okay for cargo transport and some combat, but it's no good against capships, and Aera fighters heavier than Nicanders will tear it apart.

The Admonisher has a nice big hold and can carry metric boatloads of missiles, but it can only take two light weapons (the other weapon mounts are all Special).

The Pacifier I've never used. It can take an impressive weapons loadout, lots of missiles, has a good sized hold, and generally looks good for killing anything in your field of vision. The manueverability sucks though, so keeping things in your field of vision could be problematic.

The Goddard is very expensive (more than 2 million credits), but it has a big cargo hold and can take a crazy weapon loadout, including light capship weapons. Most players seem to consider it the best ship for bounty hunting. It's less maneuverable than a Llama IIRC, but it has a pair of turrets and most of the milspec model's beams are autotracking.
Cockroach
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Cockroach »

For all round use, I'd go with either a Hyena or an Admonisher. The Hyena can carry 4 guns and 1 tractor and is highly agile while having a reasonable cargo hold. The Admonisher has a lot more hold volume, but handles like a brick as a consequence of its increased mass.
Blazer X
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Blazer X »

Well i found the cloaking device at Elohoim, so im very happy about that.

I have the money to buy the Goddard but i dont want a slow ship although the Goddard looks pretty awsome.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

Blazer X wrote:Well i found the cloaking device at Elohoim, so im very happy about that.

I have the money to buy the Goddard but i dont want a slow ship although the Goddard looks pretty awsome.
I think Cloaking devices can run down energy which sucks, so watch out.
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

Yes, cloaking devices do require some number of MJ/s while operational. Unless this number approaches your reactor's charge rate, it shouldn't cause any issues unless you are a) in SPEC or b) firing your weapons.
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

Firing weapons isn't an issue, as you can't fire while cloaked.
Blazer X
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Blazer X »

My reactor is Lvl 3 and it never drains unless i have EMC on.
Namlem
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Namlem »

Wait, but doesn't the experimental cloaking device not require energy? Not that it would matter to me since the Goddard has an insane reactor (50,000).
GustaveDelior
Merchant
Merchant

Post by GustaveDelior »

My goddard has the Experimental cloak, and a full array of nasty weapons. and the two turrets on it rock at long distances. i have never even seen my cloak use any of my reactor power what so ever.then again it takes a VERY long time for my weapons to drain half of my power. a goddard i think is a good all round ship with a cloak. and they look cool.
MERCYLESS
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by MERCYLESS »

Ive seen the cloaking device for sale but i cant seem to buy one.Im 100% friends with the Aera so not sure why i cant buy one.Is it that i need a certain kind of ship or something.I read a post about it somewhere before about the cloaking device showing as red (dark red) in the upgrade shop but no one replyed to his question.Im in a Goddard at the moment with plenty of upgrade space, so im a bit confused as to how to get a hold of one.
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

If it's an Aera milspec cloak, you need to cough up $2000000. Not sure if it's incompatible with the Andolian cloak (much cheaper, preinstalled on at least one ship).
GustaveDelior
Merchant
Merchant

Post by GustaveDelior »

MERCYLESS wrote:Ive seen the cloaking device for sale but i cant seem to buy one.Im 100% friends with the Aera so not sure why i cant buy one.Is it that i need a certain kind of ship or something.I read a post about it somewhere before about the cloaking device showing as red (dark red) in the upgrade shop but no one replyed to his question.Im in a Goddard at the moment with plenty of upgrade space, so im a bit confused as to how to get a hold of one.
i lucked out with my cloak i was leaving system sol when i found an unkown research station in a system nearby all by itself. thats where i got mine. it is useful in quick raids.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I like the fact that the cloaking device uses reactor charge up, as it is unbalenced other wise.

With the Goddard its gun mounts are so far appart that you need the standerd auto-tracking and beam wepons needed.

The Goddard, if you have not noticed, is my favourite ship. I just love the ship.

The arean fleets if destroyed on it.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Vector_Matt
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Vector_Matt »

Miramor wrote:If it's an Aera milspec cloak, you need to cough up $2000000. Not sure if it's incompatible with the Andolian cloak (much cheaper, preinstalled on at least one ship).
I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that the devs said that the Aera can see through the Andolian cloak, but not through an Aera cloak. In short, the Aera cloak is stronger.