Noobish question about cheap ships

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Zapp Brannigan
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Noobish question about cheap ships

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

I've started to play again Vega Strike, doing the "Serenity -> Atlantis" trading route, last time I got about 350000 credits doing this, but now I'm just bored and only have 210000 (I don't want to try the money hack *yet*). I saved and then I bought a Pacifier, but it seems so slow to turn and weapons drains all the power really fast , I don't like at all :S. So what's the best cheap ship to go bounty hunting, and how much does it cost? do I need much more money?. Do you recommend a MiliSpec or just going upgrading a stock ship, if upgrading what weapons do you recommend?.

Another question, Rlaan ships looks cool but are they good?

Sorry for my bad english :P, and for asking too many things xD .
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

As i mentioned in the OT forum welcome Zapp Brannigan i like the Derivative my self fast good agility 4 medium gun mounts and 4 missile racks start with the stock version ml spec has locked in stuff that can not be changed but if the cash is strapped the Llama beefed up is not bad it gets the job done :wink: that power drain goes away with a bigger reactor and the Multi-maneuver compensators work not to bad on the Pacifier find some auto-trackers for all your mounts(they are very expensive :wink: but worth it) weapon load out is very personal in my experience what i like because it is easy for me might be your idea of hell :wink: everyone has there style of combat (what works for you) always check the damage and range specs of a weapon before you buy it getting a big MFG that burps soap bubbles can happen :shock: heh
they can turn out to be crap in use so you sell them back at a loss :( Post if you have any problems.Have fun :D

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Cockroach
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Cockroach »

I'd go with either a Dostoevsky or a Hyena on the cheap. Generally, disruptor and Ion beams will be your best weapons with the Dosto being able to pack 1 torpedo if you wanted to hunt ships like Mules or Thales with it.
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

Try and get a milspec Dostoevsky if you can afford it, it comes with better reactors and capacitors, a good radar, and autotracking for both gun mounts.
gamelord91
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gamelord91 »

Personally, I like the Admonisher, but don't get the milspec version, it sucks. I'm not sure how easy it is to find a stock version (if at all posible0.
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

Hmm? In 0.4.3 both the milspec and stock versions have only light and special mounts, has that changed in SVN?
Zapp Brannigan
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

thanks everyone, I bought a stock Derivative, and mounted some disruptors and heatseekers missiles. It's fast and pretty tough if you improve the hull.

Sadly, two days ago I tryied to install Ututo-XS and it erased my /home completely (even when I told the installer not to do so), so I'll have to start all over again :cry: :cry:
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Finally after starting all over again and making some more money, and trying several ships I choose a MiliSpec Derivative, after doing some upgrades it's packed like this

ECM lvl3 Experimental
MiliSpec Isometal Armor
Reinforced Hull
Sublimative hull coating
Repair Droid
Enhanced 2 shield emitter

and the guns:

2 disruptor
2 neutron
4x2 heatseeker

finally I'm able to kick some Aeran butts :P, it only cost me about 450000

again thanks for the advice!
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

A bit more advice...

- If you go into Rlaan territory, you should be able to find a "micro-shielding" hull upgrade - 5 tons, 20000+ MJ. It does drain your power a bit but that's no problem for a milspec Derivative.

(I'm not sure what Rlaan armor is like, but it also might be worth checking out, if you don't have a good rep with the Aera.)

- Likewise, ktek beams are great, and are common items in Rlaan territory. Keep in mind that using them with bolt weapons will require autotracking on one or the other set of weapons.