Coupla suggestions

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
Stevie D
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Coupla suggestions

Post by Stevie D »

These two shouldn't be too hard to implement, and they'd come in darned useful, says I.

1. A means of hailing a planet/station/anything you can dock with so that you can ask them to send a list of what they've got in stock, and what their current market prices are for all goods (even those which they don't have in stock, for the purposes of selling). I believe Elite Frontier had this mechanism, and it streamlined trading greatly.

2. A way of bringing up the local system(s) map when you're docked and checking out the missions roster. "Take contraband to Kokwhnasdfojbhwcjon? Is that even on my route?"

Lovely.
Blown up more Thargoids than you've had hot dinners.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

1 should be simple enough.
2 has issues, but I always wanted that. For instance, it will be surely possible in 0.5.x, but real life has made 0.5.x a bit further than we'd want. Perhaps I can whip something up for 0.4.4.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
cracken
Trader
Trader

Post by cracken »

also, it would be nice to be able to ask if the planet is worth visiting before you land to find a single picture in the center of your screen
xopher425
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

level of planet

Post by xopher425 »

They do sort of have that, if you look closely. When you target a planet, the type of planet will give you an idea of what is there. On Volcanic and Ice planets, for example, there is not goign to be a lot of civilization. On Arid planets you'll get some people who can settle there. On Bio-diverse and Oceanic planets you'll find the most shops and stores.

But maybe planets could come with some sort of Tech Rating, showing how advanced they are: Agri Planets will only have Natural Products, High Tech Planets can be depended on to replace your cyber arm, etc.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

there is also the manifest fuction of the right VDU it show cargo onboard how you get checked for contraban :wink: it's just that the font is tiny and with planets the list scrolls to fast to read :? so the info is available just not convent for the pkayer.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2