That meant a big delay with Ogre, so I'm uploading one of my backups up for revision.
There's a few items that I have in my working copy that are not in the uploads:
- Proper project inside VS workspace - instead of Ogre's sample workspace
- Loads a .system file, instead of manually spawning stuff
- Started to use the UserInterface framework - if you look at what I'm uploading, the framework is being barely used
- Working (almost) template instancing plugin - modellers will love this.
Also... if I have the time (uploads take unholily long), I'll update both a vegastrike and privateer dataset, as well as binaries, for those that want to test it in their machines but don't have a way to build it. I have them all on backup, so it's only a matter of uploading it.
Also... since I didn't migrate to Cg yet (some fragment shaders have to be done using assembler because Cg doesn't support ps1.4 - which I'm requiring), and I didn't give that such a high priority (rather, I wanted to complete the framework), it's Windows-only. (Unless you get HLSL working on Linux... which I doubt :p - or, most likely, unless you want to translate it to GLSL and have an arbfp1-capable card, it's not hard at all, very few changes needed).
Well... not really. It works in Linux (OpenGL), but has fixed-pipeline code.
The mining base looks like crap in OpenGL because of a bug in DevIL - the one translating DDS files for OpenGL (they're fixing it for Dagon - the newest version).
Well... feel free to comment.
Bugs, I'm not that interested in. There are lots of them, probably. Mostly comments on the design. Bugs will be removed slowly as I get my hands on Dagon (I already did... in my RIP compy, just didn't have time to play with it before the holocaust).
Find everything here
PS: You'll need an Ogre SDK to build it. My recommendation is to go grab 1.0.6 and its dependencies from www.ogre3d.org