DIRGE and GTIO

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

strangelet
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

DIRGE and GTIO

Post by strangelet »

presenting the newest models from the Ironangel Astronautics stable - the IA-TR Inachiel and the IA-SC Iridia

and for those who will inevitably moan about "wings" - 3 words

Grav Assist Steering
- - above and beyond - -
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

those look toltally awesome man!
MamiyaOtaru
Privateer

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

They both look awesome.

The first one from the top reminds me a bit of a pod racer (sorry) :D and from the side of one of those 1930's racing planes.

Congrats for making something different from the usual space fighter design :D And providing multiple textures is pretty cool too
strangelet
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by strangelet »

the engines were indeed heavily influenced by the podracers, and the front section is based on the 1943 Supermarine Typhoon, so on both counts - bang on :)
- - above and beyond - -
bobdickgus
Trader
Trader

Post by bobdickgus »

Great especially like the second one.
I don't care about the validity of wingsin space as long as it looks cool, and your models look cool.
Cheers.
Blah Blah Yackarty Smackarty!
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

stranj adhering to his usual high standards... ;)
Ares
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Ares »

That second one is not new. It has been in your avatar for MONTHS. lol.
There both awesome though.
strangelet
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by strangelet »

uhuhuhuhh well spotted. ive had that for years. the film i spoke of starred my girlfriend (who is a goth with bright red hair and looks very sci-fi) and that was her ship. it was originally called the Split, but i've started naming all my ships after angels that begin with an "i". there are about a thousand of em :)

iridial was an angel of the 5th elechon noted for speed,
inachiel was a leiutenant to the seraph, or gabriel, and kept his sword safe :)
- - above and beyond - -
Alaskan
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Alaskan »

Damn, I gotsta get me one of them. Especcialy the second one.
2 133t for joo!!!

Post by Guest »

Actually, it's reasonable for many fighters to have wings and other panel-shaped structures as they are ideal as radiators for cooling purposes. Look at all the ships in Star Wars with wings and fins - that's generally why they're there.

I want to see a 'great white' paintjob for the top one, it's perfect for it.
As to the older lower one, can we get more along those lines? It's so awsome and unusual.
strangelet
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by strangelet »

heheheheh good call... here you go :)

- - above and beyond - -
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

Well, I hope this isn't a heartbreaker for anyone, but I'm given to thinking that the inachiel makes a better "sportscar" analog than a fighter. I'm thinking rich-man's toy style hot-rod. For the same crowd that likes to buy their own speedboats and such today.

The Iridia is a real beaut, but I'm not entirely sold on the checkerboard touches in the textures seen here, the straight metallics look too good by contrast...
I definitely want to see that with some weaponry on it, but I haven't figured out where (as in whose fleet) it's best suited just yet. I've been thinking about it for a while, but not too deeply. All I've reached certainty about so far though is that it's a rather small vessel, given the relative size of the cockpit area to the rest of the ship. I've been rather busy for the last couple of weeks, so I haven't had time to really sit and do extended mulling.
Vixus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vixus »

Utterly superb. :) Can we download them anytime? :D

Post by Guest »

The checkerboard paintjob looks superbe, there is no reason we can't have a bunch of diffrent textures.... it's nice to have cool ships in a game sometimes.

Btw when will the debain-unstable packages be out? (And when will the new modles get in?).
jackS wrote:Well, I hope this isn't a heartbreaker for anyone, but I'm given to thinking that the inachiel makes a better "sportscar" analog than a fighter. I'm thinking rich-man's toy style hot-rod. For the same crowd that likes to buy their own speedboats and such today.

The Iridia is a real beaut, but I'm not entirely sold on the checkerboard touches in the textures seen here, the straight metallics look too good by contrast...
I definitely want to see that with some weaponry on it, but I haven't figured out where (as in whose fleet) it's best suited just yet. I've been thinking about it for a while, but not too deeply. All I've reached certainty about so far though is that it's a rather small vessel, given the relative size of the cockpit area to the rest of the ship. I've been rather busy for the last couple of weeks, so I haven't had time to really sit and do extended mulling.
Vixus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vixus »

I need to design some myself now, but they won't be anywhere near the quality of these!!
jamija
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Post by jamija »

sorry if im being stupid, but how can i use either of these ships in game
i have vegastrike 0.4.3
thx
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome jamija which ships since the images are no longer available :wink: they are most likely available in game as this post is OLD predates the release of 0.4.3 in fact more than two years lots of ships have been added since.you may not be able to buy the ship but that has never stopped a knowledgeable player(you hack your save files) so which ship do you want 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

The models that were "Inachia" and "Iridia" are both indeed in-game in later versions.

see:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/Vessel:GTIO
and
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/Vessel:Dirge
jamija

Post by jamija »

have tried, but putting dirge as the ship in my save file gives me some random rlaan ship. also, dirge doesn't appear in units.csv under name dirge or iridia.
sorry, but it looks like such a cool ship!
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

As jackS said in a later version as in the 0.5 beta any reason you avoided it :wink: it's very playable with those new ships and lots of others and simple to set up so you can stay up to date with the bug fixes and new content.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
jamija

Post by jamija »

am just downloading the beta now (i feel a bit stupid)
thanks for being so patient
you guys are legends
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

No problem if you have any problems or questions feel free just post 8)