RAVEN Forsaken Superiority Fighter

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

ALELUAI!!!!!!!!

I DID UNDERSTAND hoooooooooooooooooooooooo

now i improve my skill: i know how to for check my:
- Specularity map
- Bump map
- normal ( but i m not sure if i put the right setting inside the panel buttons , cause the render is less deep than the bump map effect)

this one with bump map :
and this one with normal map:

but i still have a problem for check the self illumination/Glow/luma map
i don't know how to for put in Blender ( yes !!is my first contact with Blender3D)

could you post a screen shot of the right setting please for set the luma map on the model or post the source file again with the right one
DivShare File - DUELISTorRAVEN.7z

(like you can read : i m not a good writer in english, then is difficult for me to find a tutos for self illumination in english and for understanding after )

thank at all for your patience with me!!!
Phlogios
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Phlogios »

Can you please re-archive that folder, in normal .zip format?
.7z does not work on my computer :(
"Enjoy the Choice" - A very wise man from Ottawa.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

hello Phlogios try with this software:

http://www.7-zip.org/

its better than winzip for open 7zip files.
Phlogios
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Phlogios »

It's for windows only.

Can you just re-zip it?
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Try here for 7zip on Linux howto:
http://www.linux.com/articles/59888
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
Phlogios
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Phlogios »

I'm on MacOSX.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Phlogios
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Phlogios »

Thanks!
Btw, the duelist model is awesome - it looks unique :D A special style.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

for this last fighter craft

i thought maybe it can be the RAVEN if we keep this texture ( the last Forsaken product the "forsaken answer to a aera invasion..."but can be a very good product too for exporting especially for pirates,hunter and Uln)
and forsaken devellop craft without "styles"direction no? like copy paste what is better around them?

maybe the duelist can be the "inspiration model" for the raven

dueliste= same kind of shape but more polish
Raven = a good essential copy but more"forsaken" (means less luxurious)

i don't know ??? what do you think??
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Hey; you're learning Blender! :D
For the glow map, map its output to [Emit]

About the specmap:
If you make the specmap color-less, evertything looks like plastic.
Plastics are like that: Colorful in diffuse, whitish in specular.
If that's what you want, okay; but I thought I'd let you know.

Another thing is, your bumpmap will probably look wrong in-game,
like the grooves will probably look like they are coming out, not
going in.
Until we have Tangents in the engine, you need to have the front
of the ship point UP in the texture; not down. You just need to
select all the whole UV layout and turn it around 180 degrees.
(Turn it; don't flip it.)
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Post by Deus Siddis »

Well done normal work, Fendorin. This will add another dimension of detail to your craft.

So you baked the normal map in blender right? Or did you use Photoshop or GIMP?

The reason your grooves do not look as deep is probably because you did not set the "Nor" value to 1.00, but instead might have had it set at 0.50 for the normal map when you rendered it.

So now try this in blender, add the bump map to your mesh again (make sure the Nor slider is set to 1.00 or 2.00), add a subsurf modifier to your mesh as well and set it to level 3, and then bake the normal map using blender. Now you will have grooves and your mesh will no longer render with gouraud shading artifacts that make the faces in a mesh look obvious and somewhat ugly.

When you are done with that I recommend you bake the ambient occlusion map in blender, because it is relatively simple and easy to get out of the way. It will take more time to bake than the normal map, but this is only work that your computer must do, you don't have to sit there for the actual baking process.

If you need any clearer or more specific help with any of this or you get stuck, let me know and I will walk you through step by step. After you have done all of these maps once, it will be easy work most every time after that.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

well

thank for your support

some clarification:

i did the normal map with the Nvidia plugins for photoshop.(not with blender i didn't now i can made normal map with blender.)

for the Glow map
i did output the map with the setting "emit" but : should i set "col" too?? or just set "emit"?
because if you open my blend file you can see (after puch F12 button) nothing happen....) i have wrong ??
why the light of the reactor did'n appears in the shadow???

thank
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Fendorin wrote:for the Glow map
i did output the map with the setting "emit" but : should i set "col" too?? or just set "emit"?
You're right; you do need the Col button on, as well as Emit, for the glow map. Sorry, it's been a long time since I did renders with textures on. Luckily I had saved a .blend file for textured renders from when I worked on the Demon. I notice also I had the Nor slider at zero and the Var slider maxed out for all textures except the normalmap. For the normalmap I had the Nor slider at 1.0, Var slider at 0.0. (But I don't remember why, or what Var was for.) The Disp slider should be at zero for all textures without exceptions.
Also I found I had to have the Nor button in the yellow (reversed) state for it to look the same as in-game; but that may have been because my original UV layout was wrong --rotated; i.e.: the front of my ship was facing to the left; but I later rotated the UV layout so the front of the ship was UP. I'm not sure if I still needed the Nor button to be yellow after that fix.
Anyways, I found that setting up of the textures in Blender for renders was not worth my time, since I could just as well export to .obj, make a .bfxm, and test the textures directly in-game. Takes a bit longer intially, like to mesher and stuff; but the test-modify cycle is much shorter, as booting vegastrike takes a lot shorter time than waiting for a render; and is more representative.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Anyways, I found that setting up of the textures in Blender for renders was not worth my time, since I could just as well export to .obj, make a .bfxm, and test the textures directly in-game. Takes a bit longer intially, like to mesher and stuff; but the test-modify cycle is much shorter, as booting vegastrike takes a lot shorter time than waiting for a render; and is more representative.
could we have a script for transform blend file to BFXM???? writing under Python??
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Now that would be sweet but even pyramid's new little GUI still needs mesher to do the conversion but a python wrapper might be possible but who will code it :( as that is the real barrier in my opinion that and learning the blend format.with it's API to write that code.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Well, as I was suggesting to Klauss elsewhere, it might just be a matter of taking the existing Blender OBJ exporter script and expanding it a bit, so that it does its .obj export but then calls mesher, transparently. Problem is the current mesher has bugs and requires editing of the .mtl files.
For now, I would advise Fendorin to grab the old mesher. Less bugs and easier to use. I have it on wcjunction's utilities svn repo, with instructions and sample xmesh headers. Username is "username"; password is "password":
https://svn.wcjunction.com/utils/mesher
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

Interesting idea for a Raven inspired by a Duelist - I'm game for running with it.

In this scenario, the ship as-is may not be either the Raven or the Duelist though, but close to each.

For the Duelist, in addition to coloration questions, I was thinking it might end up even more sword/dagger-like in its appearance, as in, a ship intentionally made in an ostentatious dagger shape.

For the Raven... it looks a little too good as is :)
I'm imagining the Forsaken trying to copy the Duelist design, but finding out that some of their necessary parts to do so are too big in various places, causing the hull to have to be adjusted in less aesthetically elegant ways to accommodate them.

But... if this is too much work to do to redo it as two different models, then let me know and I'll just have it just be one or the other.
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

For the Raven... it looks a little too good as is
is exactly what i thought

i will work on the "master model" soon

this ship=the Forsaken's RAVEN

maybe Pyramid you can change the subject of topic by 'Forsaken RAVEN"
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

Fendorin wrote:maybe Pyramid you can change the subject of topic by 'Forsaken RAVEN"
Though I have moderator rights on this forum, I cannot change subjects, not sure why.
@loki: can you halp with this? PLs make it "RAVEN Forsaken Superiority Fighter"
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Fendorin, you're the OP (Original Poster) of this thread. This means, you can just Edit your first post, and change the title yourself.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Done and pyramid did you try just editing the post and changing the title :wink: which is all i did just copy/pasted your suggestion 8)

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Fendorin
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Fendorin »

Fendorin, you're the OP (Original Poster) of this thread. This means, you can just Edit your first post, and change the title yourself.
ahahaha i didn't know i m so stupid shame on me!
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by pyramid »

loki1950 wrote:Done and pyramid did you try just editing the post and changing the title
I did exactly that but it doesn't work for me.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

I did exactly that but it doesn't work for me.
May be time for an other promotion :wink: i can't be awake 24/7 :lol: