About faction_ships.py

Forum For Privateer Remake
aselfmadewinter
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

About faction_ships.py

Post by aselfmadewinter »

So I've been trying to add WCU ships to PR, just to give PR even more of a WC feel. I've successfully been able to add and fly ships. However, when I attempt to add the ships to the faction_ships.py "fighters =" line, they never show up, regardless of whether I begin a new game or not.

I've even gone so far as to take all ships except for the Arrow from certain factions, and yet, they'll still show up in Stilettos, Talons, or whatever. Am I missing something?
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

You need to wait a bit until ships get spawned. Besides that, your savegame holds flightgroup informations of your previous runs. Try to start a new game.
aselfmadewinter
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by aselfmadewinter »

Thanks! I'll just start a new game and wait around for a bit then. I guess I just expected to immediately see spawns of Arrows flying around. Does this mean that there are preset initial spawns?

This'll be a really fun reading week.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you start in an empty universe with a new game. Who cares, if you want to see if the Militia are producing the correct ships you should head to Pyrenees and wait on half way between the Planet and the Mining Base - that's a militia ship spawning point.