I didn't think this was possible (possible glitch?)

Forum For Privateer Remake
Psyco Diver 69
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

I didn't think this was possible (possible glitch?)

Post by Psyco Diver 69 »

I was searching through the bounty list and a funny ad came up, they had a bounty on a Kamkh in the 41-gs system which isn't anything unusal cause it seems to pop up alot at Perry, well the funny thing is it said it has 2 ships for protection and get this......2 Kamkhs. I didn't believe this so I loaded up my GalaxyGS which is my cap ship killer (5 tacylon cannon turrets, 2 main plasma guns, and proton torpedos w/ auto tracking) and went out to see this true (kinda crappy pay at 48xxx credits btw)

Well I jump in and believe it or not all 3 kamkhs are there and best of all their right on top of me. I quick hit the afterburners and get some distance on them, luckly I few in between them and they crashed into each other and knocked out a good chuck of their shields. I turn around once I'm out of their gun range and fire off a bunch of protons at the one ship and mix it trying to keep my target ship in the middle of the other 2 ships, with the other ships help my first target was destroyed in the cross fire. I afterburned out of there to regain my shield strenght

I did the same manveur with the second ship and was dispatched pretty quickly too except I took a good amount of damage to my armor and hull. I backed off and regained my shields and went back in for the last ship, he gave me alot of damage, but I destroyed him, I ended up losing my armor completely, losing my repair system, damaged shields, my reactor was in over load, no after burner, and I was moving at 253kps. Luckly they left me tons of cargo which I collected up, jumped back and got my ship repaired, luckly I didn't run into any enemys for once on my way back cause I would have been easily destroyed

So anyways, thats how you take care of a small fleet of kamkhs, I question is that a glitch? I seem to get alot of bountys on kamkhs in 41-gs
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

LOL engaging multiple capships is a lot of fun, especially while forcing them to engage each other. I remember PR1.1 had a lot of those unbalanced missions. I once took a bounty with 9 ships for 300000credits. Guess it all were Kamekhs - flying between them until they damage each others hull makes them quite angry...
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Good job that! I've also been dealing with Kamekhs tonight. I've been trying to capture one with my Paradigm. Somewhere here I read that it's possible, but I've had no luck so far. I need a Kamekh and a Krant to complete my ship collection. A Kamekh appears regularly in XXN-1927, but the bugger just will not be captured. :( Have yet to see a Krant....but I've only had PU installed for a couple of days.
Psyco Diver 69
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Psyco Diver 69 »

Anscar wrote:Good job that! I've also been dealing with Kamekhs tonight. I've been trying to capture one with my Paradigm. Somewhere here I read that it's possible, but I've had no luck so far. I need a Kamekh and a Krant to complete my ship collection. A Kamekh appears regularly in XXN-1927, but the bugger just will not be captured. :( Have yet to see a Krant....but I've only had PU installed for a couple of days.
Try going after the tigerclaw kamekh back in Hades I think, it just sits there so it isn't firing at you
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

I never had the luck of facing a Kamekh while sitting in a Paradigm (honestly, capships are total crap), but I read somewhere that you can capture 2 Paradigms while sitting, yes, in a Paradigm. Though this is a rumor - I never had the chance to approve this for myself.

However, another funny situation which gets into my mind, once I started a new game and quickly bought a jump drive for my tarsus to make the big bucks with mining asteroids around Basque/Pyrenees. I somehow realized that I forgot to buy afterburners when I was flying around and met a Kamekh. So I thought I'd simply run away, but with my 300 clicks I had somewhat the same speed like the Kamekh. So a 5-system-chase began and the damn thing was following me and annihilated everything in its way when I finally entered Troy and luckily met a friendly Paradigm. The Kamekh jumped in and man, it was an impressive demonstration that Paradigms are much stronger then Kamekhs. :twisted:
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Dilloh, I agree. Capships are only useful for capturing other ships for (1) big money sales and (2) adding ships you can't buy to your fleet.

As for capturing Kamekhs: I've tried four or five times now with no luck. I can sit right on top of one with my tractors going and it just will not go into the cargo hold. Finally, it just blows me up.

Psyco, I'll try H(y)ades as you suggest. I don't recall if Charon has a ship-dealer. I hope so because it makes things a lot easier (can switch to the Paradigm there).
Psyco Diver 69
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Psyco Diver 69 »

Dilloh wrote:However, another funny situation which gets into my mind, once I started a new game and quickly bought a jump drive for my tarsus to make the big bucks with mining asteroids around Basque/Pyrenees. I somehow realized that I forgot to buy afterburners when I was flying around and met a Kamekh. So I thought I'd simply run away, but with my 300 clicks I had somewhat the same speed like the Kamekh. So a 5-system-chase began and the damn thing was following me and annihilated everything in its way when I finally entered Troy and luckily met a friendly Paradigm. The Kamekh jumped in and man, it was an impressive demonstration that Paradigms are much stronger then Kamekhs. :twisted:
That sounds like fun acctually lol, I was lucky to witness a full out battle a long time ago between a kamekh and a Paradigm and they happened to have a couple Drathis and Sillettos. Both were friendlys to me so I parked my ship and watched, I wish thier was a playback feature for stuff like that or when you get in a cool battle so we could save them and post them up here
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

It is possible to capture it with an external program have a look here http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... 8103#88103
it's a big d/l though 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Psyco Diver 69 wrote:Try going after the tigerclaw kamekh back in Hades I think, it just sits there so it isn't firing at you
I didn't see any Kamekh in Hyades (plus, Charon doesn't have a ship-dealer), so I went back to trying to capture the Kamekhs that frequently appear in XXN-1927. I tried several times with absolutely no luck. I could be right on top of one (bumping shields) with five autotracking tractors grinding away for 20-30 seconds and my shields still intact (so no hull damage) with no luck.

Unless someone can tell me different (from actual experience), I have to regretfully conclude that Kamekhs can not be captured in the current version of PR/PU. :(
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

At least you won't find a place where you can buy them (yet) - but if you're keen on trying out a Kamekh you can as well put one into your savegame. :)
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Dilloh wrote:At least you won't find a place where you can buy them (yet) - but if you're keen on trying out a Kamekh you can as well put one into your savegame. :)
I've already done that. What I was trying to do was get one without hacking the game.

The problem with hacking the Kamekh (or any other ship) is that I lose my artifacts.....which, for sentimental reasons, I've been carrying around since I finished the main storyline. Of course, I guess I could just hack the artifact back into my inventory. :)
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Actually, you do net need the artifact to complete the game - as you can switch to other ships within the storyline which don't carry the artifact and still go on.
Anscar
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Anscar »

Dilloh wrote:Actually, you do net need the artifact to complete the game - as you can switch to other ships within the storyline which don't carry the artifact and still go on.
I've already finished the 3 storylines. I just like to keep the artifacts as souvenirs.