Disappearing Equipment

Forum For Privateer Remake
John Cordell
Mercenary
Mercenary

Disappearing Equipment

Post by John Cordell »

Privateer Remake & Privateer Gemini Gold

If upgrades disappeared off your ship (weapons, radar..) please save the game and send it to administration.porter@gmail.com

You find the savegame files in privgold100/save and privgold100/serialized_xml

For Privateer Remake the savegame files are in privateer100 and privateer100/serialized.xml

Zip both up and send it so that we can take a look inside and fix the bug.
Last edited by John Cordell on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Privateer Gemini Gold
privateer.sourceforge.net
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

make sure you can't otherwise repair them at the base
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Dalan
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by Dalan »

I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but a few weeks back I lost my alien weapon while docking in Perry to get the mission from the Admiral. I have no idea where it went. I've replaced it and saved it a few times since then, so I'm not sure its still useful to you.
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

it may ahve gotten shot off by aliens
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
nersd
Explorer
Explorer

Post by nersd »

I lost my shields yesterday. In the shop they don't appeared but in flight it worked very well :lol: . But as I startet in Oxford the next Story-mission, the shields were also in flight gone......... So I had to buy new.........
Charlie Whiskey
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Charlie Whiskey »

I think if you sell the hull your shield disappears.
Vandrvekn
Trader
Trader

Post by Vandrvekn »

>>>I think if you sell the hull your shield disappears.<<<

As near as I can tell, if you sell anything other than missiles, whatever's missing stops working in-flight.
Jonesy
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Post by Jonesy »

I have a mising afterburner.

Its still on the ship in flight but its gone from the repair / upgrades.
I'll zip the file and send it :D
ARRRGGHHHH!
vegafan
Trader
Trader

Post by vegafan »

Don't mean to dredge up an old topic, but has this ever been addressed? Because I have a couple of missing upgrades from the list of upgrades on my ship. First my repair droid went missing, now my armor. They're obviously still there, as things get repaired, and I can see that I have armor, but can't buy any. This is getting very annoying. I only started playing Privateer Remake a week or so ago, and to run into so many bugs is a little disheartening.

Anyway, what do I do about this problem? TIA
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Privateer Remake is due for a remake soon, the version of the vegastrike engine under its hood is VERY old. Those bugs you describe, don't quote me on it, but I think they've already been addressed in the engine. Just that the Remake needs to be brought up to date, engine-wise.
S1Genocide
Trader
Trader

Post by S1Genocide »

This is a bug in GG only. I have been playing Remake 1.2 + PCU and modding it. Only playing GG do my parts disappear.

4 things I don't like about GG

You can't select your resolution. (without a patch)
You can't select your difficulty.
They took out auto turrets.
They removed all the other gun turrets out of the game but Meson & Lasers.
All kinds of bugs like this I don't get playing just normal remake.

GG is way too hard. It takes five minutes to make other difficulties in the vegastrike.config

You leave a base you get shot up. Your equipment disappears.

As soon as they get off there high horses and accept the vegastrike engine. I will play it. until then it causes me to pull out my hair everytime I play. I even uninstalled it off my laptop..Not my desktop though.

My Modded PCU
Changed gun colors.
Added explosion textures.
Changed some of the ship variants.
Fixed the ship variants that didn't work. (invisible) faction_ships.py
Changed some of the meshes.
vegafan
Trader
Trader

Post by vegafan »

I assume by "GG" you mean Gemini Gold (I had to look a couple of places to try to figure out what you were talking about). Well, since I'm playing straight Remake 1.2, it obviously occurs there too, not just GG. I did try GG for a few minutes just now, but didn't like it for several reasons (mainly differences from Remake 1.2, which seems much better to me), but the bugs in Remake 1.2 really put me off from it as well. Maybe I should just go with straight VegaStrike instead, if that has fewer bugs like this. I had not played the original Privateer back in the day and had wanted to see why people thought so highly of it; I may find out if I can suffer through all the bugs, which I'm sure you know there are more than just this one.

Thanks for the info regarding a remake of the remake, though it probably won't come soon enough for me. Oh well...
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

If it really happens with PR1.2 also it might be of help if you all posted your savegames, at least for the remake, instead of sending them to Mr. Cordell exclusively. So maybe somebody around here can help with the issue.

Besides that, it's always good to also send stderr.txt and stdout.txt, those can be found in the main /Privateer folder.
vegafan
Trader
Trader

Post by vegafan »

Sure, no problem. I'll send a zip file to whoever'd like it. I'll start by sending it to the email address in the first post. But when you say to post the savegame, you mean to the forum? Does this forum except attachments to posts? Some do, some don't, and I don't know about this one.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

This forum accepts attachments. Create a zip or rar and it will work.

However, no guarantee to find out what happened :wink:
vegafan
Trader
Trader

Post by vegafan »

Ok, here's the saved game along with the stdout.txt and stderr.txt. Let me know if I left anything out.

The Armor and Repair Systems are missing from the Upgrades list on the ship, even though I know they're there, and they function.

I know there's no guarantees about fixing it, as I should be able to sell the ship and buy a new one to get around it, but I've invested a bunch of money into this Galaxy I'd need to earn a hell of a lot to make up for doing that.

Anyway, HTH figure things out.

Edit: Added saved game to zip file. Sorry about that; my zip program had problems adding it because of the dot char at the beginning of the name.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vegafan on Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Could you also post your savegame?
vegafan
Trader
Trader

Post by vegafan »

Oops, sorry, I thought I had included that in the zip. Will do once I get home tonight.
vegafan
Trader
Trader

Post by vegafan »

OK, see previous post for updated zip file with saved game. My zip program didn't add it originally because of the folder name which starts with a dot. :cry:
bikerjosh
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Missing Shield Generator

Post by bikerjosh »

So my shield generator is missing from my ship (it works on missions, but I can't sell it, and it doesn't show up in the damage report).

Zipped and attached to this post are the files. If someone would be kind enough to fix it, I'd appreciate it greatly! Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome bikerjosh i don't play PR so i can't help but one of the regulars will 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
bikerjosh
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by bikerjosh »

loki1950 wrote:Welcome bikerjosh i don't play PR so i can't help but one of the regulars will 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
Thanks. I played privateer back on my old Gateway Pentium 75. With a boot disk. I have killed significant time in the last week or so with this remake. Its a great distraction, but bad for my work ethic!

Anyway, appreciate the help if anyone has it!
bikerjosh
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Any help???

Post by bikerjosh »

Since its been 2 weeks since I posted, I figure it might be ok to bump this thread....I'd appreciate any help. I'm reposting the files in a new zip (updated, since I've been playing for the last 2 weeks). My shield gen is missing, so I can't sell or buy a new one. Thanks for any help!
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Hi,

I have just seen this so i will see what i can do.

I may download this depending on how large it is but atm i'm on a public computer so i may not be able to download.

You say the shield gen is missing? What were you doing before this happened? Were you damaged because if you get really shot up parts get destroyed. Have you tried to sell and thing rebuy your ship?

Try thoughs thing and then report back. I hope they help.

MAS

Oh, there is another file with all the other files i need to load your save game. I can't remember what there called so look around and upload it when you find it.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
bikerjosh
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by bikerjosh »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:Hi,

I have just seen this so i will see what i can do.

I may download this depending on how large it is but atm i'm on a public computer so i may not be able to download.

You say the shield gen is missing? What were you doing before this happened? Were you damaged because if you get really shot up parts get destroyed. Have you tried to sell and thing rebuy your ship?

Try thoughs thing and then report back. I hope they help.

MAS

Oh, there is another file with all the other files i need to load your save game. I can't remember what there called so look around and upload it when you find it.
Thanks for the help....as for your suggestions, I know that the shield gen isn't destroyed, as I still have shields...they just don't show up in the buy/sell area. I have not tried to sell and rebuy my ship (since that'd cost me a small fortune!), but its a possibility.

As for the other file, I thought I included all the files i needed...but let me know which is missing. I'll be happy to post it. Thanks!

Edit: Looking at the person's files above me, the files you said are missing might be some txt files...so I'm adding those to my zip file and reattaching it here. Hopefully that'll be correct.