Do repair systems actually work?

Forum For Privateer Remake
Hathur
Explorer
Explorer

Do repair systems actually work?

Post by Hathur »

I bought an advanced repair system (the red droid thing)... it doesn't seem to do anything... I got in a fight and had my sensors damaged to orange and my shield system damged to dark yellow.... after finishing off the enemies i cut my engines and sat there to let the droid repair.... I waited almost 10 minutes and nothing was fixed, it was still orange and dark yellow.

Do I have to do something specific to get it to repair? Back in the original game I remember it was enough just to have it installed and it would gradually fix systems.... but it isn't doing it.... or, if it is... it takes over 10 minutes to fix 1 system from orange or yellow back to green.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

That's a display bug that never got fix, I believe. The repairs are working, but the progress is not reflected until all repairs are finished. Maybe you needed to wait one more minute.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Just guessing, I think the time amount to repair was radically enlarged within the remake. It didn't feel too correct in the original priv to have a messed up fighter repaired within minutes. Maybe also you cannot repair the systems completely.

More advanced repair systems are available at Oxford.
Psyco Diver 69
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Psyco Diver 69 »

repair systems don't seem to do much other than keeping the overload warning and snow on the computer screens. The droids work great in my opinion. Problem is the stuff doesn't work perfect untill its completely fixed. I've had my shields and reactor comepletely knocked out in a battle before and while I was still being fired at my reactor came back and I was able to use my guns and afterburner when my armor just about died my shields came up instantly to full power. Not a moment to spare
Jeff2121
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Jeff2121 »

:shock: Luck? Or Norris?
My Dream Machine (Soon to Be):

Kingston 4GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Quad Core
Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX
320GB SATA HDD (Raid 0)
SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

My repair droids never worked, mind you i never gave them opportunity too, but when i DO get damaged i can be flying around for three hours and the droids don't do a thing.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Are you sure? They don't repair hull and armor, or things that are too damaged; but otherwise they've done a pretty good job for me in the past. Like say maneuvering jets; I might have damage in the jets and the ship is sluggish at turning, but if I wait long enoug, maneuverability returns.
Hathur
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Hathur »

I figured out the problem, I just had to "refresh" the repair list display (it won't show the status of your actual repair list apparently until you "refresh it" by closing the display for it, then bringing it up again.

By switching the hud display from manifest then back to repairs, i could see it did in fact repair.
Miramor
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Miramor »

Consider it a "feature" of your ship's shoddy old software. ;)