Whiteout

Just downloaded Vega Strike and need help? Have a question but don't know where to start? Ask here.
viscix
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Whiteout

Post by viscix »

Debian GNU/Linux stable 3.1, trying to run VS 4.3 - It seems to install fine, but on loading there's only a white screen with the untextured body of a ship, a cube mouse curser, and some text at the bottom of the screen. I've tried the various options for display (vertex, compiled vertex, with combinations of reflective or specular lighting) to no avail. Tips?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

viscix not enough info whats your vid card which driver version etc also chech glxgears VS needs hardware accell to be playable an other possabilaty did you install with the Deb pkg or the loki installer like i said not enough info.

Enjoy the Choice :)
viscix
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by viscix »

My video card is a Matrox Millenium G550 with the default matrox drivers for Xfree86 4.3.0.1 (Debian's default xserver). 3D Accelleration has worked just fine ever since I set this up.

I installed VegaStrike 0.4.3 from the binaries listed at the home page, as Debian does not provide it's own package. There didn't appear to be any problem with the intallation, it's just that it doesn't display much of anything as mentioned in my previous post.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

viscix it apears that it is your matrox, that is the problem there are a couple of problems with both the card and drivers for both linux and XP i am not sure of the particulars but a few of the developers will know and will most likely respond.

Enjoy the Choice :)