Want to help out with 2D and 3D

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
psychicferret
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Want to help out with 2D and 3D

Post by psychicferret »

Was wondering if anyone can guide me on what needs to be modeled and how to go about it, whats the style the ships need to be in size of models etc

Did glance over the wiki but its increadible hit and miss. Therres some broken links and not enough detail on the requirements for some of the ships... Whats the max poly count is it meant o be as low poly as possible or is there some leway.

Kind of new to modeling for games but have completed the cgboost courses and think i could provide some good ships for you guys. Just need some guidance to get me started.

Do all ships also require a cockpit? is there any original ships i can take a look at in blender to get a better idea of how things are done?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Want to help out with 2D and 3D

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome aboard we actually have most of the ship models already in game we use a custom binary mesh format the mesher utility mentioned in the wiki it's name has changed in the new release unfortunately we do not have the original blender source files for any of our ships,creating those source files will be a major task going forward. This is necessary if we need to change our asset render pipeline in the engine or the way we define ship properties.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2