Radar missing, Can't buy Guns + tips

Forum For Privateer Remake
the79bomb
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Radar missing, Can't buy Guns + tips

Post by the79bomb »

Missing Radar:
After getting my Boosted steltec stolen at Joplin in XXN... I can't add guns. Any gun I want to add is Red. Also my Radar screen is missing. I launch and there's no Radar on the ship at all! It just dissappeared. Some times it's there when I load a save but then fly a bit and launch and it's gone again. In ship dealer it's missing and I can't buy another one. I switched back to my Centurion and it seems to be fine. Maybe it's only on my Demon?

Steltek gun. I bought the ship from the Retro temple in EDEN and took the guns off and sold the ship. I then flew around some and went to do it again and can't buy another one as others on the board have done. I never did the RF missions - where do they start?

Missed out on the Drayman at both Oxford and Rygannon. Anywere else to get it? I haven't talked to Terell yet so I can still get the CapShip but it's going to take me forever to get 9mil flying cargo and bounties. I've got 2 mil and it's taken hours and hours already. Figured a Drayman would help make the cash fast but can't find one anywhere. Talk about a bummer. I finished the 2 sets of Commie missions, killed the drone and got my gun stolen but haven't done oxford missions associated with the missing gun. Is there one after these oxford missions maybe?

Any tips on good money schemes to get the cap ship without a drayman? Maybe buy a galaxy and do cargo runs? Haven't found anything too lucrative - Gems from Rikel to ND etc. are just not enough. Been running contraband in the centurion. Loved all the upgrades at Perry - the new armor and the gun cooler is awsome. Dropping class ones in seconds. Shield and engine upgrades - Sweet!

I've dreamed about this game being remade and am totally stoked that you guys felt the same way and did such a killer job on it. The bonus missions etc. are awsome. Mutiplayer will be killer. I can't wait.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Best, Tim
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Radar missing, Can't buy Guns + tips

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome the79bomb first off PR is no longer being worked on and uses a old version of the vegastrike engine there is a fork of PR that is using the new version of the engine and is adding content to the base that PR provides have a look at Priviteer Universe.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
parkel
Hunter
Hunter

Post by parkel »

so loki...
do i actually have to install the privateer remake in order to get PU?

:o
  • Derivative + pArKeL + a bunch of luddites = ?

:D
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

No the PU download from their svn repo has everything to run the game while as i mentioned PR uses the old version of the VS engine.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2