Pacifier ad girl

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

robot1122
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Pacifier ad girl

Post by robot1122 »

I have been playing Vega Strike for a long while now, but the girl in the Pacifier ad splash thingy is driving me crazy! who is she?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

you and several other guys but i have no idea who she is after all the original photo may be ancient :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
robot1122
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by robot1122 »

Yea, this is probably bordering on weird, but who cares!!! Anyway, I have armature experience with photoshop so I thought I would do this...

And yes, my life is that sad... :cry: lol.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

Lol, Ive seen her in realife...

AND THAT GUY WITH THE GLASSES ON ONE OF THE ADS DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!
peter
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by peter »

robot1122 wrote:Yea, this is probably bordering on weird, but who cares!!! Anyway, I have armature experience with photoshop so I thought I would do this...
Those texture files don't have square pixels. Their aspect ratio is right only when they're stretched to 4:3, I think. I was looking through the splash screens the other day, and she's not the only thing that looks too skinny with square pixels.

And yeah, she definitely caught my attention. Is she also in the holovid ad?

I assumed someone working on VS took pictures of people they know. Are any of the devs' own pictures in the game? Is the ISO member a dev? :) If I was making a game, I'd probably use my own picture for the ISO member or something.
"The gods confound the man who first found out how to distinguish the hours!
Confound him, too, who in this place set up a sundial, to cut and hack my day so wretchedly into small pieces!" -- Plautus, 200 BC
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

peter wrote:...and she's not the only thing that looks too skinny with square pixels.
(emphasis added)
Poor girl... already being treated like a plaything.

Though... poor girl? hm...
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
peter
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by peter »

klauss wrote:
peter wrote:...and she's not the only thing that looks too skinny with square pixels.
(emphasis added)
Poor girl... already being treated like a plaything.

Though... poor girl? hm...
:oops: Yeah, I phrased that pretty badly. "her image is not the only thing"?
Pretty girls get me all tongue tied. :oops:

Tell her I'm sorry, no chauvinism intended. :)
"The gods confound the man who first found out how to distinguish the hours!
Confound him, too, who in this place set up a sundial, to cut and hack my day so wretchedly into small pieces!" -- Plautus, 200 BC
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Hmmm. Tell her to put some more clothes on and then I may think about admiting that she may be pretty.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

Actually, I am with peter on this one.

Peter> and she's not the only {descriptor of preference} that looks too skinny with square pixels.

Every screen in this house is a digital flatscreen & all of the 4:3 ratio splash screens look anorexic. As flat screens are only getting more common, fixing these textures can probably go on the bug heap -- somewhere near the bottom.

Peter> And yeah, she definitely caught my attention. Is she also in the holovid ad?

Yes, she is also in the holovid ad; same clothes. The holovid splash picture is also on the entertainment/holovid cargo item.

dark-blood-hound> AND THAT GUY WITH THE GLASSES ON ONE OF THE ADS DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!

But he makes a GREAT Luddite !
If he drives you batty enough, you can always go slaughter some more Redeemers.

Moral of this thread -- people appear to read the splash screens.
Good investment.
snow_Cat
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by snow_Cat »

^ - -^ Does that mean we'll be selling advertising space on our loading screens, like vivand?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

they read the splash screen because it's there so long :wink: as for ads other OSS projects we like maybe.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

snow_Cat wrote:^ - -^ Does that mean we'll be selling advertising space on our loading screens, like vivand?
Among others, . . .

Tripezian Ale
Military recruitment posters
opportunities for vacations on pleasure worlds
holovid promotions
police warrant notices
starship promotion teasers [after all -- we know it really DOES sell starships]

--> That *isn't* advertising !?
snow_Cat
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by snow_Cat »

I man tha ... ^ > < ^ n grr.. freud....

I mean that these other (commercial) game developers are actively selling ad space within their games to corporations outside their control.
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

I knew what you meant & elected to read it to my convenience.

To respond to your earlier post more directly --

I am all in favour of more VS advertising as long as the splash screens are in the context of the game -- these ads serve a real purpose to educate users about the environment in which they are playing.

I (& I suspect many others) would be strongly opposed to using it as a revenue source for the project.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

I am all in favour of more VS advertising as long as the splash screens are in the context of the game -- these ads serve a real purpose to educate users about the environment in which they are playing.
and the real reason for splash screens there are few in the Art forum that serve that purpose nicely haven't been approved for inclusion thou.