Reflection, one week post-facto

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Reflection, one week post-facto

Post by jackS »

It never ceases to amaze me how one can put two weeks of preparation into a 30 minute presentation and still have it seem as though it could absorb more prep time. Then, when the talk is done and the questions answered, it is with some small sadness that the focus of the preceeding days wanders ephemeral into the past, replaced by giddy relief and mental exhaustion.

Those who should be knowledgeable of such things tell me it went fine.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Ya, that's exactly how it goes every time I have to do something like that.
I remember one "class" (as a final for Cryptography I had to give a 1-hour class on several attacks on IDEA). That one took a month of preparation, and when it was finished, I couldn't remember one single minute of that prep time.

I had no doubt it went well, though. I even had the timing right, questions included, which is quite amazing.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

congrats it's when the angel says yes that counts :wink: do you think you are ready for the venture capital boys yet.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

Congrats. I'm abit different. I usually prepare presentations at the last possible moment. lol.
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

Words of Wisdom: "Any test worth taking, cannot be studied for." -Me-

You can try to decipher the meaning of this.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Wing Commander Universe Forum | Wiki
Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

@loki - both due to target audience and the company which has submitted relevant patents, I doubt venture caps are ever going to be involved with this work. I'm not certain how many, if any, VCs were about, but there were a couple of hundred folks with or near their PhDs in my field listening to the presentation, which was pressure enough.

@Oblivion - I don't think waiting until the last minute on my part would have been well received by others involved in this work :). For informal presentations, I almost always leave the presentation proper an unpracticed thing, focusing only on making sure the slides are sufficient. For formal ones like this... a more gruelling regimen is entailed. One is well advised to make some effort to keep up proper appearances when the performance is deemed to shed light on more than just the speaker or subject.
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

I intend to study medicine when i'm through with high school. I don't exactly like studing and tend to leave averything to the last minute. Though this year i managed to over come this a little. the thing that got me my bad grades is the country postal systems.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2