Changes to Offtopic?

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Changes to Offtopic?

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I got some ( two :D ) suggestions for Off Topic...

1. How about disabeling the postcount in Off Topic, so I (and everybody else) can do some serious spamming without bad conscience... I guess some more Off Topic - discussion would bring a little more life in here... 8)

2. How do you guys think about creating a special section in Off Topic (called Civilized or something... ) for serious discussions about politics, literature, philosophy, arts and stuff?

EDIT: The Idea is this: Discussions about politics tend to get out of controll easily, especially on international boards. Many of those threads end up closed because they resulted in US-bashing. I guess all of you know this.
Yet I'm interested in such discussions and I believe a seperate section on the board would help to keep them on a higher and constructive level. This comparison may go a little far, but nobody riots in a church...
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

1. Could become troublesome, methinks. ;) I got no conscience anyway.

2. I wholeheartedly agree. ;) Something to hone my claws and fangs on. Provided no serious quarrels develop. hehe. :wink:

I've been toying with the ideas of starting a chain story here in OT, just for cracks,

And a thread on learning about each other's countries. I'm very interested in that. ;)

But above all else, I like inflammable discussions of sensitive subjects. :wink: hehe
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I guess nobody else cares, he?
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

I have no opinion on 1.

2 could be a good idea, and at least a worthwhile experiment, but only if the moderators in charge are willing to take it upon themselves to shoulder the burden of eventually probably having to remove some people's ability to post in that forum.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

jackS wrote:
2 could be a good idea, and at least a worthwhile experiment, but only if the moderators in charge are willing to take it upon themselves to shoulder the burden of eventually probably having to remove some people's ability to post in that forum.
You mean like a local ban? I just have restricted moderator rights, so I didn't know something like this is possible at all. I rather thought of having a number of moderators who can take a regular look at the forum. BTW, I'd recommend a rather liberal moderation in the first time, concerning the low participation here in the last months...