Football-Worldchampionship

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

arno
Hunter
Hunter

Post by arno »

wtrmute wrote:
That is, of course, considering we crush France today. Pelé said he had a bad feeling about this game. Good thing whenever he says something, it turns out to be wrong... :lol:
:lol: I agree with you. Brazil is so respectfull to the French team that I have a bad feeling about the end of this match. France was not enough self-confident a few days ago and today, it's too much!
Nevermind.
France will win towards the really great Brazil players
:twisted:
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
wtrmute wrote:I thought it was odd that the German goalie called all the sides correctly. I figured the Argentinian players were telegraphing where they would shoot -- but I guess having a piece of paper with some intel data can't be considered cheating.
Well, I haven't noticed this piece of paper and I don't belive it for one simple reason. This paper can't containe much more than a name and a "left" or "right". And with all this tactical traning they do, with all this studying the other team, it would be really sorry if the keeper wouldn't know the other players usuall behaviour by heart.
well, there was really a piece of paper. Lehmann read it before every pk. Or it looked like he read it... nobody knows, what was written on it.
Maybe it was just an empty piece of paper, to make the players nervous. Pk is all about the nerves.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bet it was a picture showing Oli Kahn naked... :shock:
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

as long as he kills pk, I am fine with him looking at naked, shaved gorillas. Heck, he could even look at a naked Merkel. I would not care ;)
arno
Hunter
Hunter

Post by arno »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH !
energyman76b
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by energyman76b »

France was the better team.

But what a blunder!

4 Brasilian players just watched Zidane's freekick. Standing around, doing nothing.

They deserved to loose today and France deserved to win.
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

Parabéns para Portugal, 3:1 against England

Até a proxima vez, Brazil, :roll:
I was actually rooting for Argentina, though most Argentinians I know wouldn't believe that in a million years. After all, facing a final with Germany in Berlin is much worse than any match even with our arch-rivals.
About this you don't need to worry anymore, your arch-rivals did it.
The French are the Brazil-killers, remember the final of 1998 8)
Mais peuvent ils gagner contre Portugal?

I hope not.

So in my guess, I was in thee games right, only Italie:Ukraine I was wrong,
so I really think, we play against Portugal, I only hope it's not about place 3,
because like described above, we always had bad luck against Italie

Anyway at the end all teams are sad, only one is happy,
the teams all were very good, but only one can win,
Egal, all teams, who are still in the championship have two more games.

Regards
Plueschinger
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Regardless of any cheating, and there's lot of talk about that over here, I really think the German team played very well. Ours played better, yes, and I think we deserved to win, but we didn't. Part of that blame is on the referee - I saw a lot of favor towards the locals... but a lot was also Pekerman's for leaving Messi out. I smell some kind of personal issue there, though... there's some talk about that decision being about personal differences than anything else. If that was the case, Pekerman could do nothing else but resign - loosing a championship because of stubbornness :roll:

The pks... I didn't see any cheating. Geraman shots were actually very well placed, very difficult to catch. I couldn't say the same for ours. If there was cheating, it wasn't so important. And... skill or not... it actually is a lot like dice, so... just bad luck.

And Spiff: perhaps you were... don't underestimate chaos theory. I would, though - entropy doesn't propagate as fast as one would think in resonant systems...
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
arno
Hunter
Hunter

Post by arno »

Brazil hasn't beat France since 1958, and recently France won against Brazil in 1986, 1998 and yesterday..

RHAAAAA !

But Brazilians football players are lords in football, which is not the case of everyone : France has now to defeat the two comedians schools which are Portugal and Italy. :twisted:
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

arno wrote:
France has now to defeat the two comedians schools which are Portugal and Italy.
Hey arno, I'm lucky that you have the same opinion like me,
but this means that you give up that early and want to play about place 3, the only way to play against Portugal and Italie is to loose against Portugal :wink: :P

Regards
Plueschinger
arno
Hunter
Hunter

Post by arno »

plueschinger wrote:Hello

arno wrote:
France has now to defeat the two comedians schools which are Portugal and Italy.
Hey arno, I'm lucky that you have the same opinion like me,
but this means that you give up that early and want to play about place 3, the only way to play against Portugal and Italie is to loose against Portugal :wink: :P

Regards
Plueschinger
That's why Germany will be finalist I guess ! :? But we shall survive Actor Studio's lessons like a Llama in the Solar System
wtrmute
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wtrmute »

See? That's why we can't be favorites -- we always f*** up. And the worst of this is I can't even be angry at the French like I should :?

In my country, we have an expression for what happened: "salto alto", or "high heels". Our whole midfield were wearing them. They thought they were the coolest thing since sliced bread and, I don't know, they thought they would win by default. Nobody moved trying to open up options for passes, always resorting to high balls even though France won every contest in the air, and generally cancelling each other out. Roberto Carlos was in terrible form, Cafu was worse, and even Juninho Pernambucano, who was otherwise stellar, did nothing this game.

France was, indeed, the better team. Last time around, I couldn't swallow losing by three goals -- the team was really well all games up to the final. This time around, I'm surprised we lost by only one. I guess this says a lot about Juan and Lucio.

Still, being half-Portuguese, I still have a team on the comp. Avante, equipa! :P
arno
Hunter
Hunter

Post by arno »

wtrmute wrote:See? That's why we can't be favorites -- we always f*** up. And the worst of this is I can't even be angry at the French like I should :?

In my country, we have an expression for what happened: "salto alto", or "high heels". Our whole midfield were wearing them. They thought they were the coolest thing since sliced bread and, I don't know, they thought they would win by default. Nobody moved trying to open up options for passes, always resorting to high balls even though France won every contest in the air, and generally cancelling each other out. Roberto Carlos was in terrible form, Cafu was worse, and even Juninho Pernambucano, who was otherwise stellar, did nothing this game.

France was, indeed, the better team. Last time around, I couldn't swallow losing by three goals -- the team was really well all games up to the final. This time around, I'm surprised we lost by only one. I guess this says a lot about Juan and Lucio.

Still, being half-Portuguese, I still have a team on the comp. Avante, equipa! :P
Even if our french team is one of the best, there is no team as "mythique" as Brazil.
arno
Hunter
Hunter

Post by arno »

Scheisse ! Ich wünsche wir werden Deutschland zu trefen ! Schade das die Actor Studio schule gewinnt hat !
Bis bald...
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

So all our hopes now are in the team of Portugal.
I was living there 9 years.
Para frente Portugal :)

Anyway, when they go home, at lot of them play in the third division,
and I hope a lot of them go to prison because of the italian football scandal.

Regards
Plueschinger
arno
Hunter
Hunter

Post by arno »

No, non ,no,
You can't be a portugal member....
I mean, if France defeats Portugal, then the World cup will be a Berlsconian hhkk vs Chirac hhkgb pool.
But if it's a Portugal vs Italy then we should have holydays for a long time, before mosquitoes wake us up.
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

For shure, I was living under the last communal democratic voted communistic governments in west-europe (Odemira, Aljezur) and was a beach boy. 57%-80%. communists.
But then then they went together with the green party and builded the CDU,
Communistic Democratic Union.

The german sister party, with the same name CDU, didn't helped them.

Regards
plueschinger
arno
Hunter
Hunter

Post by arno »

Italian Soccr Organism...
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

não m'interessa 8)
nos vamos ganhar contra francia 8) :wink:

And if not, then the french win the game.

Regards
Plueschinger
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

What a discussion... :shock:

Anyways, IMO it was the German teams own fault. I bet in the last few minutes they where so happy that they would get their shoot out, which they where sure to win, that they didn't pay attention anymore... Shouldn't happen... :mrgreen:
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

Congratulations France!
Beat the Italians and don't eat Pizza. :wink:

Regards
Plueschinger
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

so it comes down to which shade of blue you like :wink:

should be a great final

Enjoy the Choice :)
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

Now the game about place 3 happened 3:1 Germany against Portugal.

I'm not happy with this because my both beloved teams against eachother.
Egal Figo and Kahn embraced them 8)
The end of their career. :cry:

And don't forget: Don't eat Pizza, Lasagne, Morzarella and don't drink Lambrusco,
it's bad for your health. :wink:

Allez les Bleues :)

Regards
Plueschinger
Dawe
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dawe »

Nice headbutt from Zidane! :? :lol:
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

Congratulations Italie :roll:
Italie against France 5:3

@arno,
so let the moskitos bite you, but not so much, they are boring animals.
Amasing was the hadbang from Zedane, nearly as good as the one from Figo. :mrgreen:

So it was an interresting thread and a lot of people answered, but not one italian posted a reply.

Anyway from my side, this thread will be continued in 4 years, then the games
are the first time in Africa, in South Africa.

And I'm happy, that there was only a little amount of hooligans
and no terroristic attacs, we still have the olympic games 1972 in mind.

So in the end, I can say, it was a happy championship with mostly friendly people. 8)

Regards :)
Plueschinger
Last edited by plueschinger on Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.