doom

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

doom

Post by spiritplumber »

omg i went to see the doom movie and i thought it would suck but it didnt suck one bit it was totally awesome im so pumped i could go kick a tree right now it was really cool and theres a bfg in it and the plot is actually good and the fps scenes are pure adrenaline and omg omg omg you gotta go see it wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
BradMick
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by BradMick »

wow....that movie was amazingly horrible. if i could have demanded a refund, i sure as shit would have. what a waste of good money :(
LightWave nerd extrodanaire...

"Who need drugs when you got Brad? He's a trip enough already!' - stoner friend of mine...
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Dunno, I liked it -- saw that, went home, played Doom3 for three hours, went to sleep, and dreamed up somethingin the same setting in which, for some reason, i was having to clear an airport of monsters while riding in one of those electric golf cart type thingies they use to ferry around the old people. Sometimes you just need some testosterone flowing I guess. =^_^=
My Moral Code:
Wisq
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Wisq »

There was a Doom movie?

(How does that work? Put a big gun in a hairy hand, hold it in front of the camera, bobble it up and down as you run, and shoot stuff?)
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

a couple scenes are like that... the rest is basically an Aliens ripoff. Still cool though. :)
My Moral Code:
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

I went into doom expecting something far worse than the wing commander movie. I was, however, pleasently surprised.
CoffeeBot
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by CoffeeBot »

So, the theatres upgraded their projection equipment to meet the minimum specs for viewing the movie?

My friend and I were just going to go on opening night and shout comments like the one above during the movie. Things also on the list include, but are not limited to: "fukin n00b got own3d!" (upon someone's death) and "this s teh rawk!"

Naturally, everything was related to the less-than-intelligent blather that gets spewed in games like that.

So...does anyone expect anything new and interesting to happen in Quake 4? Or, should I just replay quake 2 and save myself the money for Q4 and the necessary hardware upgrades?
Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

It doesn't have demons.

Dude.

It doesn't have demons.

How is it DOOM when it doesn't have demons? In space. Doesn't eliminating the 'demons in space' angle remove the only thing this movie could ever have had going for it?

I mean, say it a few times with me here. Demons in space. That sounds pretty good, right? The kinda movie you'd get your eight bucks worth, from, right? WELL TOO BAD BECAUSE THEY TOOK OUT THE DEMONS IN SPACE.

Coming up next summer: Evil Dead 3. No zombies, no Ash, just a guy filing tax returns. Also, some action movie where the main character is a pacifist, and the ominous villain is an angry seventy-year-old mother of twelve. In scene four there's almost an explosion when the romantic foil overfills her lighter!
CubOfJudahsLion
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by CubOfJudahsLion »

Dude. You just described the trailers for Elizabethtown.

Actually, the part that makes the movie sound less like Doom is the part where they had people writing a story for it.
Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

Point.
tripintraveler
Merchant
Merchant

Post by tripintraveler »

i was unpleasantly surprised that they took the "Demons in space" angle out of the movie,... and Yes if im not mistaken beinbg a Doom fan from Day 1, ... Demons in space IS the whole basis of the Doom game, so what the hell happened with the movie????? this wasnt doom, ... it was more like some offshoot of a bad remake of Species or some crap, ... Cuz Doom without the Space Demons just is NOT Doom... i kept waiting and praying to see a "CakoDemon", and some "Lost Souls" but they never came, .. and at the end i was like What The FU** Chuck???? that Cant be it, ... but sadly .. it was
i rate thius film at F- - - - - - Simply because there is nothing lower than F - (minus)
id recommend you avoid it at all cost if your a Doom fan because you Will be disappointed
Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up and Hang On, .. We're Going For A Ride
forlarren
Merchant
Merchant

Post by forlarren »

Ok this post isn't going to be PC, but its actually what I was thinking in the theater.

Spoiler warning:

Getting your ass owned by a retard zobie must suck. I just about shot coke out my nose when the 24th chromosome thing came up. Otherwise it was a great movie. Everything I wanted from aliens and didn't get. One and a half thumbs up. :)
CoffeeBot
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by CoffeeBot »

tripintraveler wrote:i was unpleasantly surprised that they took the "Demons in space" angle out of the movie,... and Yes if im not mistaken beinbg a Doom fan from Day 1, ... Demons in space IS the whole basis of the Doom game, so what the hell happened with the movie????? this wasnt doom, ... it was more like some offshoot of a bad remake of Species or some crap, ... Cuz Doom without the Space Demons just is NOT Doom... i kept waiting and praying to see a "CakoDemon", and some "Lost Souls" but they never came, .. and at the end i was like What The FU** Chuck???? that Cant be it, ... but sadly .. it was
i rate thius film at F- - - - - - Simply because there is nothing lower than F - (minus)
id recommend you avoid it at all cost if your a Doom fan because you Will be disappointed
<thickly dripping sarcasm>
And here I was, expecting something good to come from the Doom franchise.
</thickly dripping sarcasm>

It actually makes me laugh that they took out the whole demon thing, but I highly doubt that would have saved the movie in the least.