Seeking help from any members of Privateer Gemini Gold project

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

Kenner
Trader
Trader

Seeking help from any members of Privateer Gemini Gold project

Post by Kenner »

Hello,

I'm one of the moderators over at the old Privateer Gemini Gold forums. I'm hoping that someone from the original team still lurks here once in while and can help me. About a week ago, the forums stopped working. When I contacted Sourceforge support, their response was:

"All project websites that were still running old PHP 5 were updated to PHP 7.4

We sent out emails notifying affected projects.
You need to upgrade the PHP code on your site to be compatible.

You can find our general documentation here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documen ... 0Services/"

This means nothing to me, and even if it did, I don't have access to fix the problem. All I can do is approve new members posts. I'm hoping someone can help or point me to someone who can help?

Thanks!
ThinkSome
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Seeking help from any members of Privateer Gemini Gold project

Post by ThinkSome »

> This means nothing to me

Outdated software and was probably getting exploited too much for SourceForge's liking.

Perhaps @loki1950 would know?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

That fork was just before my joining and the flame war was still on simmer and the decenters just left so no one here on this forum.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Kenner
Trader
Trader

Post by Kenner »

I joined GG sometime after the flame ware was over, so I missed all that excitement. :-)

I know that John, the head of the GG project, has simply abandoned it, but I was hoping that there was someone overlapping between Vegastrike and GG could help me out. Oh well, I guess unfortunately not. Looks like the forums will just stay dead. Kind of ironic actually, as they stopped working almost to the day of Privateer's 30th anniversary.