What space exploration is really important for life on Earth?

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

TommyJo
Explorer
Explorer

What space exploration is really important for life on Earth?

Post by TommyJo »

Space exploration is one of the engines of economic development. Research results contribute to the improvement of the quality of life on Earth. Continuing space exploration, humanity will make new discoveries, expand its knowledge and answer a number of fundamental scientific and philosophical questions.
How relevant do you think such statements are? What space exploration is really important for life on Earth?
TommyJo
Explorer
Explorer

Re: What space exploration is really important for life on Earth?

Post by TommyJo »

Poaching, climate change, the rapid loss of habitat and environmental degradation have led to massive population declines and the complete extinction of many wildlife species in recent decades. Therefore, tracking the remaining individuals of wild animals is extremely important for science - analyzing their behaviour and migration paths will allow taking measures that will help protect them from death. One of the most promising methods for tracking animals is analyzing satellite images and data collected by orbiters.
This surprises me. And at the same time, it gives hope that with the help of modern technologies we will be able to preserve various species. What other amazing things do satellites do?
alexis92
Trader
Trader

Re: What space exploration is really important for life on Earth?

Post by alexis92 »

I think he means more exploration of planets and such beyond what we hope to improve life on earth with, satellites are a technology that doesn't come under space exploration. IMO, we can possibly discover more about our own planet by looking outwards then inwards sometimes that's what it takes.