Vegastrike on 3,5x2 meters!!!

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Vegastrike on 3,5x2 meters!!!

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Soooooo coooooollll.......!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I spent the whole night playing vegastrike. I had borrowed an LCD-Projector for a university-project and used it for the game. Just imagine: a dark room and a playing VS on an 158 inch screen.... hehe
I can tell you... i should worry about my girlfriend and my exams... :wink:
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Pics. We want pics! :)
Seriously, would look cool in the main webpage. ;-)
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

I can see the headlines:

Extra, extra...
VegaStrike makes it to the Big Screen, Extra...
:o
:lol:
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

:oops: great idea, but sorry, i brought the projector back this afternoon. But I can tell you, after this experience it won't take long until I own one of those things... just kidding... :D
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

CoffeeBot
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by CoffeeBot »

I remember when my dad brought the projector home from work before he left on a trip. We set it up in the living room and played X-Wing all night until my mom pulled the plug around 2-3a.m. (which, in my house, was roughly equivalent to staying up until 7-8 a.m. for most others)

Naturally, it wasn't a 170" screen. More like 60-something. And the rez sucked. But it was damn cool.

We played Halo on the projector at church once, too. It still sucked, even at 100-some inches.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

I fondly recall helping people hook up their console to a projector in a graduate lounge and, when realizing that they had forgotten to bring connectors of the appropriate gender, solving the problem with some paperclips :)
Stregone
Trader
Trader

Post by Stregone »

My dad was superintendant on an apartment construction site. Most everything was finished, and people had started moving into the first buildings that were completed. So, they also had the clubhouse all setup and ready to go. Inside the clubhouse was a little mini movie theater, with seats for 20-30 people. Since my dad was the big boss I brought in my playstation and hooked it up to the big projector :) It was pretty damn cool. Unfortunately I didn't have any wires long enough to really sit back and see it in all its glory while I played. Still awesome though.
fizze
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by fizze »

yeah, projectors are fun.

i lost count over how many times we brought our PS2's and gamecubes and whatnot into the great "auditorium maximum" (some 400 seats) and played games all night :)

well, wires are kinda short for the controllers, since them Im on the outlook for really cool bluetooth gamepads... :roll:
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hey...nice to see this thread is still alive...

But most of you guys are talking about playstations and stuff... Has anybody of you played VS, WCU or the Remake with a projector?
What's your opinion?
I really think the Remake is fun too, but VS really gives a special experience. I thinks it's because of the reality near proportions, the mechanics of spaceflight and especially the speed managment.
It's more than simply playing on a cool, huge screen. It's, ...don't know what to say... it's spacelike...
The size just underlines the excellent work of the devs. :D

Thrangar
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Post by Thrangar »

Spaceman Spiff (Wooky) wrote:Hey...nice to see this thread is still alive...

But most of you guys are talking about playstations and stuff... Has anybody of you played VS, WCU or the Remake with a projector?
What's your opinion?
I really think the Remake is fun too, but VS really gives a special experience. I thinks it's because of the reality near proportions, the mechanics of spaceflight and especially the speed managment.
It's more than simply playing on a cool, huge screen. It's, ...don't know what to say... it's spacelike...
The size just underlines the excellent work of the devs. :D
I play PR on a infocus DLP Its pretty cool...the game that blows me away by playing on a 6 ft screen is X2 mainly because of the newer graphics.

I would say most anybody who plays on a projector once,if given the choice would never go back to monitor...I know I never will :wink:

Edit:oops I also meant to say watching BSG on a screen is pretty cool also!

Cheers/Thrangar
"I am just a pilot with a fraged out nav"
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

I have shown the WCU "battle royale" in the background while doing a presentation on game AI inside a classroom with a projector... some people actually recognized the ships :) it was cool, no sound though because we were talking.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.