I have found my new HOME

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

Magirus
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

I have found my new HOME

Post by Magirus »

First I must say I have been a long time fan of the Wing Commander Series of games. Here lately I just downloaded Ubuntu 8.10 and have been running it on my new laptop. I just stumbled across your website tonight while I am work. Currently my laptop is dual boot so one of my first question is should I use the Linux or the windows version of the game? I would rather use the Linux version, but just wanted to know which version runs better.

From what I have read so far you guys have this setup as an open source project so I am hoping to learn and see how you guys have put together this great game. Can't wait to get home actually and to try and play this. The other reason I want to play this on my linux machine is so I might learn how to make my own tweaks and models for the game. I am no way a expert or anything on modding games, but it is always fun to know that you can add your own content.

Sorry If I have babbled to much, but I am looking forward to talking on the forums and learning more about this great looking game. Keep up the good work and talk at you soon.

Magirus
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: I have found my new HOME

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome Magirus the Linux version runs better less OS over-head in the way :wink: get the rar archive from our download page you may need to get a rar package to extract it i don't know if Ubuntu ships with rar support by default and since you plan on fooling around with the various files you can run it in userland with actually installing it into the system files if you have problems setting it up just post 8) BTW there is a privateer mod that is still active the Wing Commander guys seem dormant ATM.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2