Good Job People. This is a very enjoyable game. Impressive!

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

jasonpsage
Trader
Trader

Good Job People. This is a very enjoyable game. Impressive!

Post by jasonpsage »

:shock: Unable to put the game down once I got the basics down....

:? Many things to do and try in your quest for bettering your position in the game

:twisted: You get to have long dog fights - and true to non-linear form - you never really know how things will turn out. Sometimes they look easy and are not, other times you think you are going to lose for sure - and you win - some times other ships come in and seem to help you - likewise - sometimes other ships come in and help you get slautered.

:idea: I've been thinking of a game like this for years, and I never really saw privateer. I missed out. I'm a computer programmer - and I've dabbled with this kind of "traverse a universe" game - but never had the time plus now-a-days - you need a team for anything quality - (sound, music, models, physics engine, 3d engine, models (3-d graphics), 2-d graphics, story line, debugging - testing... its more like writing a movie in many ways... the other thing that makes this hard is technology is always changing - so its hard to "catch up" enough to utilize the current "level" of systems out there... by yourself anyways...

The makers of Vega Strike have done a fabulous job!

I was thinking about FreeSpace2 for a while now - (freeSpace 1 was a let down - planet side operations were horrid... and overall repetitous beyond "fun"... but I was drawn to it from the concept - Non-Linear - Exciting - "advance at your own pace" etc.)

I MAY still check it out - but honestly - I'd like to buy an official CD Disk Set from the makers of Vega Strike to act as a contribution - in trade for my very own - guaranteed to load-n-run linux/mac/win library of the next major release (My 0.4.3 still has the occasional "where'd that Clydesdale comefrom" bug when zooming up to a jump portal while time-doubling some times.

I would like to see less "mods" to Vega Strike and instead have those creative juices poured into the main game - enhancing it etc. I am even considering becoming part of the main Vega Strike team to help advance the game as a whole. These guys don't seem to have the time lately to progress this project - (based only on dates of release etc) which is understandable. My lack of time these days is exactly why I haven't already applied to become another developer. I probably could help with music tracks as well.. but I digress.

WOW.. Signing Off. Great GAME!!! :!:
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome jasonpsage thanks for the ego boost. the SVN version has killed the wonky spawning issue.now all ships spawn when you first enter the system makes for lots of traffic they are also quite touchy :wink: the AI needs work maybe.BTW i don't think we have an Official CD at least i have never seen one.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

@jasonpsage: The current 043 build is very old. You may prefer to wait for a new release before getting disks. The plan is for the new release to be very soon = probably this year.
loki1950 wrote:BTW i don't think we have an Official CD at least i have never seen one.
Hmm, then what did I get the last time I bought a shipload of games at Atlantis ?
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

Please tell me early enough before you make a new release,
the geman translation is nearly ready for 0.4.3, only the news are missing and some strange missions in the bar, I was really lazy the last month, so for the news I need 3 or 4 weeks, then you can start a new release, but please not before I finished the translation of version-04.3 :shock: :roll: :?

Perhaps with a new release,I have to start from the beginning again. :cry: ,
if I have to modify my files a little bit, no problem. :wink:

And at least in the windows-version there exists already a batch-file, where you can choose
the language, so you play it in german, save the game, switch the language and continue in english, then again in german if you want to.
http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_ ... egadeutsch
Even some Downloads would be nice, my project went down to rank 20.000 again another time :?

Sorry, that I'm al litte bit afraid because of a new release. :wink:

Regards
plueschinger
Last edited by plueschinger on Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Hmm, then what did I get the last time I bought a shipload of games at Atlantis
not official just entrepreneurial spirit :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

plueschinger wrote:Please tell me early enough before you make a new release
The current status appears to be a fair consensus that we need to release a 0.5 version of VS, without the OGRE port. The new release then bogs down in disorganisation -- nobody has taken charge to decide exactly where to draw the line & what absolutely must be done to make this work.

Personally, I think that the bulk of the work that is absolutely needed is in the master parts list -- exactly the piece you need finalised to contribute a translation.
loki1950 wrote:
Hmm, then what did I get the last time I bought a shipload of games at Atlantis
not official just entrepreneurial spirit
So, if I follow you correctly -- those agri-worlds are at least as good at piracy as the Chinese; & CERTAINLY better than the people who try to get that stuff off of my ship at an unacceptable discount.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.