test

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

chuck starchaser
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

test

Post by chuck starchaser »

just a test
dont get jumpy
I'll just leave this post here so my alternate account doesn't show
zero posts...
...okay, if you have to know... Because my main account has an underscore in it, it wreaks havoc when trying to login for wiki editing, so I ended up having to create an alternative user name without the underscore; --using a space instead.
But in my main account, I was not getting email notifications, and wanted to turn them on, but I found my email was obsolete, but when I tried to change it told me it was already in use, and that's because I supplied it for my spaceily named account, so I had to create an email account and do a whole switcharoo, and what was I just talking about?...
chuck starchaser == chuck_starchaser
had to create new id because the wiki would not see the underscore... Programmers...
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

The irony is -- underscores came into use because computers "of that era" would not accept spaces.
snow_Cat
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by snow_Cat »

Could the forum admin not change user name?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I could change your user name... however, I have noticed your Wiki edits with your underscore user before...

Did it just stop working? Also, I would be amazed that the Wiki accepts spaces if it didn't accept underscores.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

I'm sorry, I forgot my post here.
No, what happens is that the wiki software replaces the space with an underscore, I think, and when it sees an underscore, it thinks it put it there itself to substitute for a space, or something along the lines. It was too long ago, and I can't remember exactly the symptoms. I think it would allow me to log in and start editing, but then would think I was not logged in when I tried to commit the edits; and then I asked for help in this forum, and someone told me that's a known issue with the wiki software. So, I finally tried creating another user, and that solved the problem. Except I had to set up a new email account for myself ;-)
Tscheesy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tscheesy »

hi to everyone.. using this place to post my 1st ..