What are you doing at christmist time?

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

After everybody ignored my warnings about poisining christmas cakes.
Just one last question, how do you celebrete christmas downunder "klauss + andreas_michael_stah and Oblivion (not downunder, but where ist's always warm)"?

First you could go to the beach and then have a christmas-barbecue under palmtrees?
An eucalytus tree, who is nice decorated, with some false snow, in the beginning of the summer.?

Enjoy you're choice,
and that it's warm. :wink:

Sorry
Regards
Plueschinger
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

We put our Christmas tree up several weeks earlier, and
but where ist's always warm
that's a VERY weak statement. a few days ago it was 41 degrees.

Sadly all the good beach days we had, we had to work on.Image

We are having friends down for christmas. From NSW. We have summer holidays and Christmas holidays at once sooo....

No we do not have fake snow on our tree. Dilloh i think you should recant on your anti snow thoery. it was really humid today coooling of and raining so that cooled of a little. No we don't have a eucalytus, a fake pine.
And it's because of a ingredient of cinnamon, called Cumarin, which can provoke cancer and liver damages.
The dose of Cumarin is much higher in Cassia-cinnamon, which is much cheaper than the cinnamom from Ceylon, which has only little doses of Cumarin
Weellll, my mum is a REALLY good cook. Also, we have Doctor friend who knows heaps about this. And it is not totally true. Cinnamon has many medicinal purposes. It, Ironicly, has cancer fighting propertys. But, yes, it is true with the cheaper artificle type.[/quote]
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Forget it! Snow is awful, I'll stick to that. And thx to my prayers, still no snow in the black forest!!!

I'll work at the 24th. I'll do some cooking for my handicapped patients. They're quite fast and efficient concerning their primary hobby, that's eating, and they always like something special...

And I won't buy a christmas tree. We have one at work, but we have to hang it up at a hook, so that my patients don't throw it through the building at night 8)
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello
Dilloh wrote: And I won't buy a christmas tree. We have one at work, but we have to hang it up at a hook, so that my patients don't throw it through the building at night 8)
I know about this problem.
Ages ago (20 years) I was forced to work in an old people´s home, because I didn't went to the army.
And there was was guy, who had a fast electrical wheelchair.
He drove around and had an accident with the christmastree, but he was a hit-and-run-driver :roll:

He blamed us civil servants, that we don't like christmas and that we longhaired anarchists
wanted to destroy the party of the old people, what an incredible .... big lie.

We needed days to prove, that we were innocent. :P

Regards
Plueschinger
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Yes, I was a civil servant too. By now I've learned my job. The civil servants are gone, so it's our heritage to make silly things :wink:
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

plueschinger wrote:Hello

After everybody ignored my warnings about poisining christmas cakes.
Just one last question, how do you celebrete christmas downunder "klauss + andreas_michael_stah and Oblivion (not downunder, but where ist's always warm)"?

First you could go to the beach and then have a christmas-barbecue under palmtrees?
An eucalytus tree, who is nice decorated, with some false snow, in the beginning of the summer.?
We're big snow suckers here... we'd love snow, but have none :(
Last time it snowed here it was an historical day.
Next historical day is when a tornado formed nearby - but I'm derailing now.

We don't have real trees for cristmas, at least I don't know anyone who does - it's our way to use fake pines - plastic trees. Decorated in a way resembling snow, but very symbolically - ie: white puffy things, made of metalized paper, silver-painted thingies and such... we want snow, but know we can't have it :( :( :(

Except on my dad's office - there we do have snow ;) , with one air conditioning thingy per room, when we turn on all of them it... well... freezes. No kidding, nor exageration. If you leave a glass of water there, when you return it's frosted. Really cool, cold place - there the cristmas tree feels almost at home ;)

Anyway, when cristmas comes, we blow the roof - all kinds of firecrackers going off all over the place - and worse at the coming of the new year. The noise is so loud and histerically nonstopping that afterwards it's not uncommon to find dead birds, killed by the scare (a minute of silence, please).

Just a modern development, stores decorate their biggest structures with lights, forming cristmas tree shapes with them. There's one supermarket that has a 20-30 meter high (I guess) cristmas tree "drawn" on a water tower. Pretty cool.

One fun fact about cristmass over here (for kids) is that it somewhat coincides with the start of summer vacations. So, christmass is like the festivity marking the end of the schoolyear...

...nostalgy...
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Okay, my girlfriend forced me to buy a christmas tree today. Guess who had to carry it up the stairs. Guess who decorated it. Guess who got his statement for "uncreative decoration". Guess who thinks it takes too much space. Guess who suddenly wants me to buy a smaller one.

And now, guess who's eating up the tree (hint: look at my avatar pic).
cracken
Trader
Trader

Post by cracken »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:We put our Christmas tree up several weeks earlier, and
Farenheit?

It's been pretty cold here for a while, it warmed up a bit a couple months ago but the last month has been very mild (and extremely windy)

I'm going road tripping down to the south island for a dance gig for new years, 7 people in a van, should be interesting/challenging.

After that I've got a $100 car to fix up (probably 40-50 euros), 1986 suzuki swift, they go pretty hard once you rip out the dashboard and everythin else that's not strictly necessary, and up to 14 km/l is pretty economical (for a $100 car :P)

just heading down to the markets to buy presents. heaps cheaper than retail shops, and noone else will be buying the same stuff.

rant rant rant
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Dilloh wrote:Okay, my girlfriend forced me to buy a christmas tree today. Guess who had to carry it up the stairs. Guess who decorated it. Guess who got his statement for "uncreative decoration". Guess who thinks it takes too much space. Guess who suddenly wants me to buy a smaller one.
Your girlfriend?

(hehe... jk) :twisted:
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello
cracken wrote: After that I've got a $100 car to fix up (probably 40-50 euros), 1986 suzuki swift, they go pretty hard once you rip out the dashboard and everythin else that's not strictly necessary, and up to 14 km/l is pretty economical (for a $100 car :P)
One hint:
A steering-wheel and brakes are some things, which can be quit useful for a car. :wink:

Today it was horrible in the city,
in one shop you can buy a "credit note", a plastic-card for 80 Euros, and then you can go shopping for 100 Euros, each person can do it one time. So i bought this plastic card, but they forgot to take my personal things from my passport in their computer, because I directly used it to pay and there were lots of people behind me,
so I have to buy tommorrow again one of these "credit notes" and go shopping again.

Then in the end I payed 160 Euros and went shopping for 200 Euros.
A good way to save money until you have no more, at least I saved 20 percent.:roll:

Regards
Plueschinger
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

cracken wrote:
micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:We put our Christmas tree up several weeks earlier, and
Farenheit?
No, 41 degrees C

Team Fortress 2
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Dilloh wrote:Okay, my girlfriend forced me to buy a christmas tree today. Guess who had to carry it up the stairs. Guess who decorated it. Guess who got his statement for "uncreative decoration". Guess who thinks it takes too much space. Guess who suddenly wants me to buy a smaller one.

And now, guess who's eating up the tree (hint: look at my avatar pic).
Hmmm, Erich's hungry i see. My Guinea Pig does not like ours. It's Plastic.

Team Fortress 2
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

I wish to all of you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

@michael_andreas_stahl
A guinea pig doesn't like plastic so much, try it with a goat, they eat a lot of things. :wink:

Regards
Plueschinger
www2
Venturer
Venturer
Location: milkyway->the sol system->earth->Europe->The Nederland->Soud Holland->Leiden

Post by www2 »

Furst form my to all also a merry christmas and also a happy new year.
All Your Base Are Belong To Us