Tabbed Browseing with ie

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

loki1950
The Shepherd

Tabbed Browseing with ie

Post by loki1950 »

anyone install the new msn search bar and popup blocker it adds tabbed Browseing to ie 8) i guess M$ is fealing the heat of Firefox.

Enjoy the Choice :)
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Awesome... too bad IE still sucks balls.
Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

To be fair, so does Firefox. Hard.

Opera, too.

I remember the old Netscape Navigator being pretty good. Someone should bring that back.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

You can't make a good browser with all the current demands on it: ActiveX, javascript, HTML/XHTML/DHTML (not to mention the myriad versions, proprietary extensions and that kind of crap), HTTP1.0/HTTP1.1, SSL1/SSL2/SSL3/TLS, gif, png, mng, jpeg, mpeg, quicktime, realtime, avi, windows media, sounds (wav/aiff/au/mp3/ogg/mp2/wma), CSS, DOM... you name it.

To me, the killer ones are ActiveX/Javascript (too much for an efficient browser), all the countless proprietary extensions to both HTML/DHTML and JavaSript, and the unholy amount of multimedia content browsers must support in order to have a chance of succeeding.

It's just too complex. Better were the days when a browser simply parsed HTML, with the few casual images in it.

Oh... don't forget WMF!
(yes, you can read it both ways... I prefer the dirty one :twisted: )
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Ryder P. Moses wrote:I remember the old Netscape Navigator being pretty good. Someone should bring that back.
You can still download NCSA Mosaic. :D
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

but Mosaic is a real memory hog and so far only Konqueror 3.4 is close to passing http://www.webstandards.org/act/acid2 any way now can tab with ie. which certianly makes fourum reading easier.

Enjoy the Choice :)
Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

Really, I'd be more or less okay with Firefox's deficiencies if they just ever fixed the fucking memory leak. It is really not right that I can have Photoshop open to a seven-layer 2048x1024 image, MAX editing a scene with half a million polys, and a fairly recent videogame minimized in the background, and it's my fuckin' web browser that's taking up half the memory.