Who watches the Watchmen? Disappointed people

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

safemode
Developer
Developer

Who watches the Watchmen? Disappointed people

Post by safemode »

Nice story. Nice acting. Nice plot. But I really dont see anything that stands out. There's nothing about this movie that makes me feel like i just saw something amazing or important. I really dont know how the graphic novel got to be held in such high regard other than it was one of the first of it's kind.

Unlike most people who dont like the movie, i'm not confused by the flashbacks, or the idea of an alternate history or the fact that it took place in the mid 80's. I'm just not impressed by any of the movie. I'm not impressed by the story, the plot, the twist at the end, the nudity nor the sex. And the violence/action. These people are supposed to be humans, yet they all show superhuman strength. Obviously, that's taken from the comic, where apparently every normal human can become as strong as 5 men if they're the good guys.

I'm just overall disappointed in it. It tells a story that's already been told in a bunch of different forms and offers very little in originality. About the only thing it does is make it clear that there are no black and white good and bad guys, just shades of gray.

Not the best comic book movie. Not even close.
Ed Sweetman endorses this message.
MC707
Venturer
Venturer

Re: Who watches the Watchmen? Disappointed people

Post by MC707 »

I haven't seen Watchmen, though I might do that just now. If I have time and watch it, I'll give my opinion on that. The story you just described though, reminds me of Sin City (2005). Very crazy, but very nice Black & White mixed with Color effects.
My Machine: OS: Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) 64 bit in a 500GB Maxtor HD @ 7200 RPM, Windows Vista PsyChoses Edition 2009 32 bit in a 500GB Samsung HD @ 7200 RPM CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT @ 1024 MB RAM: 3891 MB
Earthlings|The End of the Internet?|FreeWebsite