*GRRRRR*

Let the flames roll in...
Err... yeah, well I suppose you can talk about other stuff as well, maybe?

Moderator: Halleck

TraderVix
Merchant
Merchant

*GRRRRR*

Post by TraderVix »

Ok, I'm offically taking a disliking to the forums. I've just spent 45 mins writing out a reply and lo' and behold, I have to relog in. Losing everything I just typed. What is it with this forum and me?! I can't seem to reply to anything without being logged out then having to log back in again! *grrrr* If this thing had a human body, I'd shoot it! :evil:
Only those who are truly insane can define the boundries of sanity, for only they shall go beyond them.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

The wiki likes to log me out every few seconds some evenings. It's ... annoying, but can be circumvented without loss of sanity, provided the number of logical postings to be done is small enough.

The forums themselves I've never had particular issue with - on the exceptionally rare occasion that I found myself logged out due to session "inactivity" while writing a response, the back function on the browser and the copy and paste functions have proved sufficient to continue my work after logging in again.
Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

What browser are you using? With IE and Firefox, just hitting the back button gets you right back to your post, complete and intact.
TraderVix
Merchant
Merchant

Post by TraderVix »

I'm using Mo FF. Tried the back button. Sent me straight back to the login page. Somedays, it just don't pay to be me. :(
Only those who are truly insane can define the boundries of sanity, for only they shall go beyond them.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

There's a handy extension for Firefox I found: Sub to New Tab.
It allows you to submit a form without losing your data by right clicking the submit button.
That way if you end up logged out, then log in and right click the submit button again.

The looging out problem can be resolved sometimes by clicking the "Automatically Log me In" box when you log into the forums, since you basically never log out.

Some of the problems have to do with the SourceForge.net servers getting overloaded, because it seems better at night.

I'm also not sure what's causing the wiki problems, but if you use the submit to tab, then you at least don't have to worry about losing your data.
TraderVix
Merchant
Merchant

Post by TraderVix »

No, I'll just have to get back into the habbit of C&Ping my replies again. Got pampered by Mo's ability to save and store pws but, it seems, this forum isn't the only place I'm have that issue with. I just had a problem on another forum and my "spam e-mail" account has been acting funny for the past month. At first I chalked the e-mail account up to the overhaul the did but, I'm begining to wonder if there's been a settings change either in my Mo or my PG (PeerGaurdian). I'll have to go through and look at both .... when I can get off my lazy butt and stop playing VS that is! :D
Zama

Re: *GRRRRR*

Post by Zama »

you should get Google Chrome it works well when your not link via wire!
http://www.google.com/chrome
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Most of those problems disappeared a while ago and i have never experienced them at all :D but then i tick the log me in automatically box.BTW i may have to issue you an official license for necromancy :wink: a couple good finds that are currently relevant :)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
darkone
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by darkone »

From my experiences with this when running forums is that it can be a couple things that gets your session ended:

1. Usually by default phpbb uses 3600sec timeout (60mins) this is of course adjustable. So if you are inactive for more than 60mins you get logged out.
2. This could be a cookie issue and going into your folder where cookies are stored and deleting the cookie to the website and removing all cached files would re-download everything again. I know a lot of times it is this issue especially when I change some settings or layout and my site cookie name changes it gives people issues until they delete the old one.
3. Possible browser incompatibility :)

That's just my .02 though....
Space Sim Central - Your space sim gaming, modding and resource community.