In space, you can hear yourself think.

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
Winjer
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

In space, you can hear yourself think.

Post by Winjer »

I would like to suggest a few whistles and clicks be added to actions and events. Just checking out the SVN and not having added the music it is very quiet.

The music does add a lot - and is very good - but i think that computer actions - mission/cargo computers etc, should have some futuristic bleeps and twickles added. How does the player theoretically get around on planets and stuff? Maybe some footsteps or trekesque door swishes could accompany a location alteration.

In flight - how about a whine for acceleration and a drone for deceleration? Roaring for 'burners, a nice cheerful bleep for incoming friendly message/chat, and a menacing bloop for threats and insults.

And, while i like the music, would it be possible to add an ingame mp3 player? You could put it on the dash - I mean HUD...

Winjer
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

And, while i like the music, would it be possible to add an ingame mp3 player
that is already possible the m3u files in .vegastrike are the playlists good old wimamp format there is some documentation on it somewhere if i remember right and the soundsever handles Ogg and mp3 AFAIK we use Ogg though.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2