translations suggest

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
paynalton
Merchant
Merchant

translations suggest

Post by paynalton »

Hi, Im a VS fanatic and i helping whit the spanish manual translation.

Recen i seen a dicovery channel documental about the startreek legade. Is interesant when the actualy tecnology has been influenced by this tv program. And y think when the star trek closed a hole on the fiction ciencie started.

Now I started to see VS how a human future vision and i try to see my own future on that.

See that, I think about the future comunications and languaje. In the actual time we don`t have any suggest of a universal languaje. Then, is unprobable a change on that on many years. Whit the espace exploration and colonitation is probable we'll have many colonies whit diferent humans languages, derivates of spanish, english, french, etc. and a common trading/tecnical languaje (english of course).

Then, in my mind, we don`t need to traslate all VS, but if we can have a best comunications engine we can to divide the universe of VS on regions whit a particular languaje settings, then if your ship is on Cephid_17 you can recive many english convertations, but when you aproxime to "Guadalupe system" (a mexican colony) the spanish speaker ships porcent increase.

Now, we can have many languajes optionals on the ship interface (the player can to select it), but the languaje of the planet/base interface is controlled by a languaje engine and the comunications to.

Is only an idea and you can flush it.

Congratulations to all VS people (programers, MODs, artists, etc)

And sorry by my poor english (I'm from México)
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

Yes, I think Vegastrike has opened up future realife technology
Moses
Trader
Trader

Post by Moses »

i think these 'earthregion-systems-design-concept' is outdated, just minds from the past think in these colonial-like dimensions, goverments losing thier power more and more and mighty cooperations take thier place, organisations that work around the globe without any ideological or reginal influece in thier beeing ... so why should the exploration of space be a repetition of the last 400 years?

i just lol loud when i saw the systems of freelancer, but i know that wasn't the first concept, just the poor and fast one by a stupid microsoft team that needed the game finished for profit and had no better ideer to drop the quality.
paynalton
Merchant
Merchant

Post by paynalton »

maybe the feudalism will be the future government form.

In an extend region whit low comunication systems is the best to maintain some law and control.