Ejection Pods as upgrades

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
geoscope
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Ejection Pods as upgrades

Post by geoscope »

Would it be possible to have Ejection Pods listed as upgrades? All ships would start with one (maybe not lt fighters, the ship is too small for it to be standard), but say I'm flying a ship with limited cargo volume and limited upgrade space. I decide, I'll take my chances by removing (selling) the ejection pod and use the space (and reclaimed upgrade volume) for cargo expansion (or whatever). I can just see some economy minded merchant pilot doing just that.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Even an economy-minded merchant pilot would see the benefits of a life-saving escape pod. I don't think it makes a tiny bit of sense not mounting one. I can't think of a reason not to. And... if anyone would spare such a life-saver, it wouldn't be a merchant.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

on the topic of ejection pods, what might be more interesting is mounting more than one per capital ship...

(why does a scene from Spaceballs come to mind, he says facetiously...)
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

Hmm, and when you said "List ejection pods as upgrades"

Maybye you could upgrade the weapons A SMALL bit on your ejection pod....

Like incase the more powerfull the enemie ship is, the better deffences or weapons you would need. :D