Tractor Turrets?

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
parkel
Hunter
Hunter

Tractor Turrets?

Post by parkel »

my idea/request is simple.

for example:
a clydesdale kills a huge fleet of aeran vessels just to get their cargo. and obviously, the turning rate of clydesdale is slow as @%#^ :P. so, since there are tractor beams out there (and clydesdales cannot carry tractor beams), my proposal is to have tractor beams as turrets. so, capships dont hav to turn and turn and turn forever in order to get just one cargo.

with tractor beams as turrets, we wont hav to turn like nuts to get one cargo with a capship anymore. :D
[and its unique! :P]

erm...
hope u would consider this feature request.
ty.
  • Derivative + pArKeL + a bunch of luddites = ?

:D
Deus Siddis
Elite
Elite

Re: Tractor Turrets?

Post by Deus Siddis »

Tractor Turrets would be a very nice thing to have, I agree.
athomic1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by athomic1 »

Okay, now I'm curious. Is it possible to collect floating cargo WITHOUT a tractor beam? That seems to be what you're implying...?
parkel
Hunter
Hunter

Post by parkel »

i think...
u got the wrong idea of wad i am trying to say.

floating cargo... is just... well.. floating!
since a clydesdale cant equip a tractor beam, why not implement the beam into turrets?
so that a clydesdale can pick up cargo after killing a whole bunch of pirates/luddites/aerans/whatever.

besides... even if a clydesdale can equip a tractor beam, it still turns waaaaaaaaay too slow. like all the other cap-ships as well.. the ox, mule or... back to the same thing, clydesdale.
  • Derivative + pArKeL + a bunch of luddites = ?

:D
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

You can implement them yourself there is info in the wiki on how to do so it's just a new weapon added to the weapons_list.xml,units.csv and master_part_list.csv.The addition to weapons_list defines it the units entry make it available to AI ships the master_part_list entry makes it purchasable by the player.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

parkel wrote: obviously, the turning rate of clydesdale is slow as @%#^ :P. so, since there are tractor beams out there (and clydesdales cannot carry tractor beams), my proposal is to have tractor beams as turrets. so, capships dont hav to turn and turn and turn forever in order to get just one cargo.

with tractor beams as turrets, we wont hav to turn like nuts to get one cargo with a capship anymore. :D
Yes. It would be indispensable... if only Scoop worked a bit better. There were proposals of "docks as subunits" and "put a tractor right on the dock" - presumably autotracking or autotracking via turret.

Speaking of tractors, i has an idea of deflector point defence: set handful of light repulsors around a ship to use as active bumpers, i.e. to prevent collisions. They could stop high-velocity debris and at least slow a missile down to give real CIWS a little more time to deal with it. And would be instantly saturated with rapid-firing weapons, of course.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter