Wingman Command Instead Of Tractor Beams

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
Laraso
Mercenary
Mercenary

Wingman Command Instead Of Tractor Beams

Post by Laraso »

I have noticed that we have wingmen commands for all the basic stuff... But we use tractor beams to get them back in our holds. I was thinking, that if we have launched a wingman from our hold, we could send a command to the wingman so that they will "dock" on us (go back into our cargo hold) auto-matically. This is much more usefull than trying to turn 180° with a Mule only to have them fly past us and then make us turn 180° again. I think this is a great idea and should be implemented into future releases, because right now the tractor beams are very impractical at doing anything but tractoring cargo.

By the way, you could also make it so that if they are not a cargo wingman, (just a plain, ordinary wingman you hired from a wingman mission) they will not respond to this command.

Tell me what you think. :mrgreen:
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Wingman Command Instead Of Tractor Beams

Post by loki1950 »

A good idea i think the main problem with it ATM is in the AI scripts not being specific enough and an indicator on your HUD that a docking has taken place would also be useful apart from checking your manifest to find out what docked.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Keller
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Wingman Command Instead Of Tractor Beams

Post by Keller »

It wouldn't be a problem keeping track if fighters came as weapons systems you had to mount to use, like missiles. That way, you'd have a count in hour HUD all the time.

The weapons mounts would be like launcher systems. I know - this has all been discussed before, but I keep waiting. I still hope that we can have some real purpose built player managed carriers some day.
Nothing is uninteresting. ;)