Elite, veteran and green versions of NPC pilots

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
Shark
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Elite, veteran and green versions of NPC pilots

Post by Shark »

I'd like to suggest that NPC pilots be further classified into Elite, Veteran and Green classes. This would add tactical depth to the game, as going up against an Elite force would require additional skill and preparation, whereas Green piltos would be easy kills.

Wingmen NPCs would of course cost more as their rank increases.

I'd further like to suggest that certain NPCs (i.e. "named" characters) be able to increase in skill as they gain experience.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Good idea now we have to find someone that actually understands the AI code :wink: there have been a few tweaks to the AI in svn to give them some sanity :shock: nothing major though :(

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Shark
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Re: Elite, veteran and green versions of NPC pilots

Post by Shark »

I've been playing Star Wolves, and the developers added some pretty creative labels for the different ranks:

* Rookie XXXX
* Tough XXXX
* XXXX Pilot
* XXXX Thug
* XXXX Officer
* XXXX Ace

Not all factions have the same labels for ranks, so there's room to add some life/character/variety to the game.