Controlling the ship

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
Nyme
Explorer
Explorer

Controlling the ship

Post by Nyme »

I'm here to complain about the controls. I don't know if this goes to the right forum but I guess it should be here.

1. "Mouse warping", the control mode where one must move the mouse constantly to turn the ship, is [b]extremely[/b] inaccurate. The jumps the ship makes are so large that this mode is useless in combat and next to useless in interplanetary flight.

2. "Mouse gliding", being forced to use it because warping is useless, is difficult to learn. It takes me 20 minutes to destroy a luddite ship in the beginning, the chief reason being that I can't hit it with the "lasers". This is perhaps mainly because I haven't got used to the mode, but I'll bet it somewhat scares away new players.

I use mouse and don't know what's it like with joystick.

Otherwise this game seems to be one of the best freeware games around. But can someone explain why the warping mode is so inaccurate and what stops it from being improved? I'm currently using 0.4.3 so I don't know if it has improved in newer version. Haven't got time to download the latest yet.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome Nyme joystick is the way to go you can change the mouse sensitivity in the vegasttrike.config file.As for the warp(SPEC) mode being inaccurate the new version 0.5 has an auto-pilot now for in system travel and lots of ships have been improved and more new ones as well it is a bigger download and heavier on it's system resources usage :wink: have fun

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2