Repair in Upgrade Computer

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Repair in Upgrade Computer

Post by pyramid »

Currently the upgrade computer has a purchase item "Basic Repair". Besides refueling your craft, the description mentions servicing and replacement of original components of the ship if they are damaged. I'm not sure about the last part but would propose to change the item name to "Refuel" or "Refuel and Service" when the last part is true.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

Its the only way to make your hud image go back to normal if it has been turned red by damage 8) I guess that counts as replacing components :wink: . And if its a refuel, should it cost 5k creds. I think not. It can be a real burden to refuel early in the game, especially ever save/load causes your ship to refuel itself for free ( :?: bug :?: )
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Isn't refueling done automatically upon docking?

I don't want to give people the impression that they should buy that every time they dock....
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Refueling is part of basic repair ATM fuel usage was turned off till about 3 months ago so was never really noticed till then.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: Repair in Upgrade Computer

Post by TBeholder »

IMHO best way would be to set up "buy entire category" option and then shove in group "basic servicing" several items like "basic repair", "basic maintenance", "refill Fuel", "refill Propellant", "load ammo", so player could either do it in single click or go into details.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter