A few Ideas

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
bengreenwood
Merchant
Merchant

A few Ideas

Post by bengreenwood »

Hi,

I've been playing VS a bit more since starting the other day, and I have a few ideas.

1. How's about having a tutorial that's accessible in game? It wouldn't need to be all that complicated, just something like being able to press a key to bring up a help screen that has the text from the wiki in it or something, mid-game. That way you wouldn't need to go back to Windows to see it.

2. Maybe you could make it easier to work out what the best stuff to trade is, by being able to access a record of what the prices for cargo was at the places you have been, the last time you went to them. Obviously I just mean when you're at the trading place and you're looking at your current location's prices.

3. When you first start the game, and you're flying around just doing a little traing/ a few missions, it'd be fun to get attacked just by a few crappy enemies, to make things more exciting. Obviously they don't want to be too difficult though.

4. The guns could be a bit more fun to blast away with. I know they're just the early ones now but I bought some ion cannons and even those are a bit muted. The weapons just don't seem powerful enough. I remember Elite on the Amiga and the graphics/sound weren't great but somehow the guns felt more powerful- if you had beam lasers or military lasers, anyway.

Oh and I almost forgot, by the way, this game absolutely kicks ass already. In particular, the general concept of being able to do what you want, the graphics, and the music are all brilliant.
whatch1
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by whatch1 »

1 tutorial still in the works i suspect

2 serenity has lonely :shock: hungry :) heavy drinking :oops: miners atlantis has a large treky following 8)

3 KlKK civilians are easy taget kill one in cephid 17 and you realy have fun

4 mini guns will fit on a lama longer range all ways a good idea to hit them first
Machine: P4 prescott 3.2 Ghz, 2Gb ddr ram, 2 80g seagate sata drives in raiad stripe config nvidia 6600 gt oc card sidwinder pro FF2