wiimote for vegastrike!

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
xirtus
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

wiimote for vegastrike!

Post by xirtus »

usin the mac vegastrike with darwiinremote to control the game with the wiimote thru bluetooth. sweet...

and ask for feature requests, I say this is a pretty sweet game, maybe the most important thing I haven't figured out how to play in third person yet, which maybe there is but it wasn't easy to find if it is so maybe it could use a better tutorial and menu sytem and laid out keyfunctions, think halo computer instead of r2...

also everywhere in opensource community there needs to be some mario sunshine galaxy hyphiness going on, but thats just a general note to the universe...

keep up the good work
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

that's really cool with the wiimote.

Does it use the aiming sensor for steering and the accelerometer for acceleration?

It would be cool if it came in as both a mouse device and as a joystick.
xirtus
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by xirtus »

it is 4 am so I might not be answering properly but I'm pretty sure it does all that and more, the darwiin program is sweet, and so is the wiimote...

I mapped the arrow keys and trigger etc to the wii buttons and use the wii motion motion sensor as the mouse.

I haven't used the infared part yet because I don't have the LEDthing you need and I don't know how much that could help with vegastrike anyway, that might be more of a cube2 deal though because of aiming...