Docking distance needs to be just a little further out.

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
last_apoc
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Docking distance needs to be just a little further out.

Post by last_apoc »

Sometimes I just cant stand it when i crash into a station because I wasn't perfectly aligned/close enough to the docking port. Does this annoy enyone else?
Coragem
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Coragem »

Only flying with Small Fighers so size not really a problem in docking. at least for now.
But, i do get undocked INSIDE the station sometimes... especially in Asteroid fighter bases or that Rlaan Triangle thing... by the way the graphics on that rlaan station are weird.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

That is something that you can change it is defined in our all purpose file units.csv one of the fields is docking points and yes some of the models have impossible docking area's :wink: some may be intentional :twisted: but it is tedious to correct like convert the in game mesh format to Lightwave's Obj +Mtl format import that in to blender or winggs3d(or an other modeling app) pick out the co-ordinates an put them in to the units.cvs file in the right place check the wiki there are lots of How to's as you may have noticed docking points and jump points don't show in screen shots so do a screen capture if you feel like exposing a really :twisted: :twisted: bad one :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2