Current Vector Slash Antivector Matching Autopilot option

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
CMSmith
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Current Vector Slash Antivector Matching Autopilot option

Post by CMSmith »

I really like the current ASAP autopilot, and the implementation of cargo mass. When heavily loaded the performance handicap seems right, but I can't help but wish for the ability to flip the ship on it's axis in order to apply the main engines to to the problem of deceleration. It might also be cool to be able to match the current directional vector when running away. I use a joystick throttle, which overrides some aspects of ASAP and disables the keyboard throttle controls. Can anyone tell me where the ASAP code is, I'd like to see how that was done.

No cool quote, sorry.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

welcome CMSmith it is possible to decelerate faster go into inertial mode (no flight comp)it's not easy though. As for where the ASAP code is not sure in my XP install atm and no source code available.a check of the log entries might turn something up :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Go to unit_generic.cpp in src/cmd

It's a huge file, I know, but search around for stuff relating to spec, asap, autopilot and warp... And you might find something.

I'll try to give a better response when it's not 2 am in the morning.