Release date decided on!

Talk among developers, and propose and discuss general development planning/tackling/etc... feature in this forum.
Mr. Fahrenheit
Trader
Trader

Release date decided on!

Post by Mr. Fahrenheit »

So, the new website is very nifty -- a late kudos to everyone responsible!

Of course, now that the dev blog and the SubVersion repository updates are out there for easy perusal, I've got to ask:

Any news for the actual release of a new 'official' version?

Hopefully I am not the only one waiting with bated breath. I'd thought the original straw man date was mid-late August. I know that was a wild guess at best, but am just curious as to when the date is thought to be now.

Thanks for a fun game!
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

As a less-than-casual observer, I'd say end of September. There's a few loose ends to tie up but the hard work has definitely been done and it's now just the tedious but not-so-hard tasks to finish off. That's my understanding.
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Still some issues with various platforms as well the data side needs more work but it always will :wink: not my decision but still a few weeks off i believe :D

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

I was thinking next week sometime...

It seems one of the biggest problems is with getting the new texture system working and compatibility with video cards.

There have been some bug reports with cargo missions as well.
Mr. Fahrenheit
Trader
Trader

Post by Mr. Fahrenheit »

Thanks for the updates guys! I've been able to tell that a LOT has been happening, but wasn't certain if consensus had been reached about what was 'in', what was 'out', etc.

Having done my share of coding, I'm all too familiar with feature creep, etc. but also know how much fun it is to cram in 'this one more thing'.
grendel0226
Merchant
Merchant

Post by grendel0226 »

Alright, since the devs are a wee bit late on releasing, and most of the updates i see happening are non-crucial, what's the new ETA for the game? It seems soon, but I really can't tell right now. Maybe there should be a checklist posted somewhere not entirely obscure on the site, that each time a file is added, it gets updated through a script?
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

right now the major obstacle is uploading the beta

the sf.net ftp keeps closing connections on us

[edit:] It *may* be up now...I'm not sure---it keeps giving us 500 internal server error...go ahead and try downloading http://sourceforge.net/projects/vegastrike (click download button then 0.5.0 beta)
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Mr. Fahrenheit
Trader
Trader

Post by Mr. Fahrenheit »

w00t! I managed to get sourceforge to cough it down the tubes last night, and am looking forward to new exploration sometime today!