Vegastrike move to GitHub - Proposal

Complaints, compliments, suggestions. Have something to say about vegastrike.sourceforge.net? Here's the place to bring it up.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Vegastrike Engine GitHub Cleanup

Post by pyramid »

Thought that would be smoother.
It seems that the taose for was created in 2017, however during merging of code I noticed that some changes from 2013 (e.g. svn r13606) were not available in the taose build.
This means that I may be reverting back to the original github branch and discarding the taose imported and merged one, at least as soon as I can bring the original master to build on my system.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Vegastrike Engine GitHub Cleanup

Post by pyramid »

Cleanup and merge from svn are now completed and the code compiles on modern systems (kernel 5.x, g++ 9.x).
crome
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Vegastrike move to GitHub - Proposal

Post by crome »

Hi,

first of all, thanks for merging my PR. I have noticed, however, that I am no longer showing up in the master-branch as contributer for my PR. The changes in the affected file are all still there but the file itself show "0 Contributors". I am not demanding that you build me an altar and sacrifice a goat in my honour but I would appreciate it if my contributions are attributed to me :-). Besides, if the project is to be resurrected and gain a user base then bug/feature reports may also start coming in from 3rd parties. In that case it would be advantageous to know who is already familiar with which code section and assign tasks accordingly.

PS: stephentuggy's contributions also do not show up in the master-branch, not sure if his changes also persisted.
pyramid
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Vegastrike move to GitHub - Proposal

Post by pyramid »

Ouch, that was me.
Your commit is still there, just in a branch I created before merging the missing svn changes https://github.com/vegastrike/Vega-Stri ... .5.2-alpha. Dunno why they were not included when I merged the code again into master (since I was temporarily using taose's code as master). Something must have gone wrong. stephentuggy contributions do not compile under c++11, so may need to be reworked again. And klauss mentioned that the bug was already fixed by him (didn't test though) so when you feel your changes are still necessary after merging his code from svn, I could add you as contributor.