HELP NEEDED FOR DEBUG AND TEST

The point of no return for both Ogre ports. Permanent links will be stickied on top with current information of each port (Lua and Python)

Moderators: ghoulsblade2, strook

ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

HELP NEEDED FOR DEBUG AND TEST

Post by ezee »

Hi .

So now i have vegastrike and vsogre compiled and linked .
I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT FOR EXECUTE THE PROGRAM .
There is a lack of documentation that don't help new devs like me to get in the process ... ( yeah i made a search here also :
The most recent code is in: https://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... perimental

The data contains ogre bits only. You will need vs data too. I've been thinking about creating a proper branch, to simplify switching between trunk and branch.

Oh, data\techniques has to be revision 13295. Haven't synced latest trunk to branch yet.
:roll:

All i've found is :
15th Dec 2010:

Current solution(s) Will build working binaries.
Solutions may change again in the new further to split vegaserver into its own solution. This is not certain though.
New icons needed for mesher, basemaker, and mission selector. If you would like to contribute send me a PM on the forums @ pheonixstorm

Express users, if you have any issues please use the VCExpress.diff to update your resource (.rc) files for the project causing problems. Also, you will need to use the 2008 SDK or higher.

If you use a version of Visual C++ higher than the current solution/project submit your current versions project/solution files to the forums for inclusion here.
list of my folders tree :
  • D:\program\experimental
    D:\program\experimental\vega-vc9
    D:\program\experimental\vega-vc9\Release ( the new Vegastrike.exe is here )
    D:\program\experimental\vegastrike
    D:\program\experimental\win32\bin ( all the .dll + .exe )
    D:\program\experimental\data\ogre ( ogre config stuff )
    D:\program\experimental\Documentation ( my two cents :wink: )
What should i moove , and where , i order to run vegastrike ?
Better , could you give me an example of working tree ?

I have that stderr.log from vegastrike.exe in \win32\bin :

Code: Select all

GOT SUBDIR ARG = 
USING HOMEDIR : /.vegastrike As the home directory 
CONFIGFILE - No config found in home : /.vegastrike/vegastrike.config
CONFIGFILE - No config found in data dir : /vegastrike.config
CONFIG FILE NOT FOUND !!!

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
klauss
Elite
Elite

Re: HELP NEEDED FOR DEBUG AND TEST

Post by klauss »

Last time I used the windows solution (a loooong while ago - like years), everything worked automagically if you built right out of a complete svn checkout of trunk.

Did you do that, or did you check out only trunk/vega-vc9, trunk/vegastrike and trunk/data separately?
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Post by ezee »

Hi Klauss !
Did you do that, or did you check out only trunk/vega-vc9, trunk/vegastrike and trunk/data separately?
Separatly .
I had a working 0.5.2 yesterday , but today i had the bad surprise of an error with
std::vectors .

I then checkout a new solution in the svn ( trunk/data , trunk/win32 , trunk vegastrike ) ,
but the same error was launched .

Today i've tried the 0.5.1 in svn branchs , and i have an error at 99% of the generation
of the universe .

stderr :
GOT SUBDIR ARG =
Found data in D:\program\trunk\win32\bin
Using D:\program\trunk\win32\bin as data directory
USING HOMEDIR : D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/.vegastrike As the home directory
CONFIGFILE - No config found in home : D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/.vegastrike/vegastrike.config
CONFIGFILE - No home config file found, using datadir config file : D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/vegastrike.config
MISSION_NAME is empty using : main_menu.mission
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file capacitors.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/capacitors.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file cargos_art.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/cargos_art.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file cargos.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/cargos.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file cloaks.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/cloaks.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file countermeasures.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/countermeasures.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file drives.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/drives.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file installations_art.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/installations_art.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file installations.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/installations.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file lifepods_art.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/lifepods_art.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file lifepods.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/lifepods.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file missiles_art.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/missiles_art.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file missiles.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/missiles.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file naturals_art.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/naturals_art.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file naturals.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/naturals.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file radars.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/radars.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file reactors.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/reactors.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file reconfigurations.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/reconfigurations.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file repairers.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/repairers.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file shields.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/shields.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file turrets_art.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/turrets_art.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file turrets.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/turrets.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file vessels_art.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/vessels_art.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file vessels.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/vessels.csv
Attempt to call ReadFull on a bad file weapons.csv -1 D:\program\trunk\win32\bin/units/weapons.csv
running import sys
print sys.path
sys.path = [r"D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\builtin",r"D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\quests",r"D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\missions",r"D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\ai",r"D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules",r"D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\bases"] + sys.path
testing VS randomrunning import sys
print sys.path
Initializing renderer...
Min (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) Max(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) MinLumin 1.000000, MaxLumin 1.000000Read In Star Count 0 used: 2000
Min (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) Max(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) MinLumin 1.000000, MaxLumin 1.000000Read In Star Count 0 used: 38
Loading a starsystem
Loading Star System Special/Empty
FOUND MODIFICATION = player FOR PLAYER #0
CreateVideoTexture could not find preintro.ogv
CreateVideoTexture could not find intro.ogv
Creating planet JumpTo17-ar with texture jump.texture and technique - unitlevel <= 2
Creating planet Cephid_17 A with texture stars/white_star.texture and technique - unitlevel <= 2
Creating planet Atlantis with texture planets/ocean.texture|planets/ocean_specular.texture|planets/earth/earth_clouds.texture and technique earth - unitlevel > 2
Creating planet Phillies with texture planets/rock.texture and technique - unitlevel > 2
Creating planet JumpToEnyo with texture jump.texture and technique - unitlevel > 2
Creating planet JumpToCardell with texture jump.texture and technique - unitlevel > 2
Creating planet JumpToOldziey with texture jump.texture and technique - unitlevel > 2
Creating planet JumpToEverett with texture jump.texture and technique - unitlevel > 2
Creating planet JumpToStirling with texture jump.texture and technique - unitlevel > 2
Creating planet Cephid_17 B with texture stars/red_star.texture and technique - unitlevel > 2
Creating planet Wiley with texture planets/molten.texture and technique - unitlevel > 2
Creating planet Broadway with texture sol/ganymede.texture|planets/rock.texture and technique - unitlevel > 2
Min (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) Max(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) MinLumin 1.000000, MaxLumin 1.000000Read In Star Count 0 used: 2000
Min (0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) Max(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000) MinLumin 1.000000, MaxLumin 1.000000Read In Star Count 0 used: 38
Loading a starsystem
Loading Star System Crucible/Cephid_17
Next To: Crucible/17-ar
Next To: Crucible/Stirling
Next To: Crucible/Cardell
Next To: Crucible/Enyo
Next To: Crucible/Everett
Next To: Crucible/Oldziey
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\missions\privateer.py", line 34, in Execute
i.Execute()
File "D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\random_encounters.py", line 302, in Execute
un = self.decideMode ()
File "D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\random_encounters.py", line 256, in decideMode
if (self.DifferentSystemP()):
File "D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\random_encounters.py", line 286, in DifferentSystemP
self.NewSystemHousekeeping(self.cur.lastsys,cursys)
File "D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\random_encounters.py", line 79, in NewSystemHousekeeping
fg_util.launchUnits(newsystem)
File "D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\fg_util.py", line 761, in launchUnits
launch_recycle.launch_types_around(flightgroup,faction,typenumbers,'default',sig.rSize()*vsrandom.randrange(10,100),sig,0,'','',1,10000)
File "D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\launch_recycle.py", line 117, in launch_types_around
pos = LaunchNext (fg,faction,tn[0], ai, pos,logo,newship,fgappend,FarApart)
File "D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\launch_recycle.py", line 74, in LaunchNext
newship = launch.launch (combofg,fac,type,ai,1,1,pos,logo,1,1)
File "D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\launch.py", line 32, in launch
ship_upgrades.upgradeUnit ( mynew,diffic)
File "D:\program\trunk\win32\bin\modules\ship_upgrades.py", line 312, in upgradeUnit
turretcount = un.getSubUnits().size() - 1
AttributeError: 'un_iter' object has no attribute 'size'
too bad ...
I will try to do " your way " , but my hard drives are full ...
I'll report later .
Thx !
:)

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

ezee wrote:Hi Klauss !
Separatly .
I had a working 0.5.2 yesterday , but today i had the bad surprise of an error with
std::vectors .

too bad ...
I will try to do " your way " , but my hard drives are full ...
I'll report later .
Thx !
:)
Well, you don't need a full new copy. Just make sure you respect the directory layout. Everything is set up to work with the relative layout from trunk.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe