x64 compile attempt

Trying to build your own version of Vega Strike and having problems? Unix users, paste your config.log here (stderr output alone is not helpful).
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

x64 compile attempt

Post by pheonixstorm »

trying to get the VC9 solution setup to compile both win32 and win64 binaries. So far I have not had any luck. My first compile died on posh.h because it was too old.. my 2nd attempt died in the low level networking code because posh.h was to new. I just can't seem to win... Once I get the bugs worked out between posh and the networking code.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
shenle
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Re: x64 compile attempt

Post by shenle »

It's funny, because I haven't seen this error when I did compile a 64-bit binary back in December I think. Don't remember of any trouble with posh.h or any of the networking code. In fact once I got all the dependencies in a 64-bit form it compiled quite cleanly.... that was around SVN revision 12900 I think. Getting all the libraries compiled as 64bit was the hard part. I think I have posted somewhere on this forum all the 64-bit libs I made in case you want to use them (yep, right here: http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... 5&start=45).

In other news, I'm working on getting a system to compile an OSX binary. Got OSX 10.5.7 installed on my desktop - finally found a driver for the network card that won't cause kernel panics - with Xcode 3.1.4 and Cmake. Got the local svn repository setup and most dependencies - all I'm missing now is ffmpeg and gtk2.

(edit) Grrr. Ffmpeg depends on yasm. Yasm builds with cmake and xcode, but I can't install it because I don't know how to do the equivalent of "sudo make install" in xcode.
make me a sandwich
make: *** No rule to make target 'me'. Stop.
strook
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by strook »

simply copy the lib and include folders to the /lib or /opt folder after you compiled it.
plz visit my vegastrike project branch here

plz support VegaOgre by donating to it!

My systems: Mac mini 1, 4gig RAM;
i5 Quad Core 2400, 300mbit WLAN, 1,3Tbyte HD, 60 GB SSD,
nvidia geforce 8400gs 512MB, 6gig RAM with Ubuntu 11.4,
win7 and hackintosh installed
strook
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by strook »

no, there is a setting in the xcode project settings, meaning where to copy the files to after compiling.
it does it automatically after compile.
plz visit my vegastrike project branch here

plz support VegaOgre by donating to it!

My systems: Mac mini 1, 4gig RAM;
i5 Quad Core 2400, 300mbit WLAN, 1,3Tbyte HD, 60 GB SSD,
nvidia geforce 8400gs 512MB, 6gig RAM with Ubuntu 11.4,
win7 and hackintosh installed