Vega Strike Menus and Logotype

Thinking about improving the Artwork in Vega Strike, or making your own Mod? Submit your question and ideas in this forum.

Moderator: pyramid

rivalin
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Vega Strike Menus and Logotype

Post by rivalin »

In conjunction with coming up with a new HUD, I've been working on redesigning the in-game menus and by extension working on new Vega Strike Logotype.

I've zipped them here http://www.box.com/s/ko8a453usfik7dk4z8r5 because they look much better seen full screen.

Current Logo

New Logo
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq15 ... ogoNew.jpg

Current Icon

New Icon

Current Main Menu

New Main Menu

Current Intro Screen

New Intro Screen

Current Load Screen

New Load Screen

Current Multiplayer Screen

New Multiplayer Screen

Current Credits Screen

New Credits Screen (credits are just provisional :wink:)

The aim with the new logo was to build on the current one but to focus on making it a bit more versatile in graphic design terms, as to readability, background matching, scalability and so on.

If people like it I can also work on a new website/forum theme etc, a more coherent graphic design for VS as a whole would hopefully attract more people to contribute and build on the momentum that the project finally seems to be acquiring.
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Re: Vega Strike Menus and Logotype

Post by travists »

Nice, looks kind of like a variation on LCARS (Star Trek's OS). Clean, uniform, intuitive, how soon can they be ready? :mrgreen: How are the base computer interfaces coming?
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Let me be honest.

I don't like the new logo, or the new main menu.

All seem overly simplistic. Like a minute's worth of work. Or less. Not to mention it looks like a gender sign.

The current logo is a very good design IMNSHO. I'd suggest people work around it, not trying to replace it. The sources, I think, are somewhere to grab and use.

The current main menu is lots better than the one you propose, the new being little more than text and a few lines. Hardly worth noticing.

I do like, however, the effect on the loading screen. But it assumes text rendering capabilities we don't have yet.

In short, I would go for coherence. But coherence with the latest trend of VS art (which is the logo and the main menu, one of the latest additions to art style), rather than depart from them.

PS: It's not personal. I like the HUD.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
Hicks
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Hicks »

i'm with klauss, the new menu screen just has too much wasted space. Maybe try using some bigger text and larger pictures or something, just too much black
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

I think the biggest issue isnt that we need a new menu but the rather functionless gui we have.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

pheonixstorm wrote:I think the biggest issue isnt that we need a new menu but the rather functionless gui we have.
Functionless in which sense?
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe