Save files listed by date [IMPLEMENTED]

For collaboration on developing the mod capabilities of VS; request new features, report bugs, or suggest improvements

Moderator: Mod Contributor

chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Save files listed by date [IMPLEMENTED]

Post by chuck_starchaser »

This should benefit all mods, generally; so I don't think there would be a need to put this change under a special config option.

Currently, when one goes to the Load/Save screen, the save files are listed alphabetically; and it may be hard sometimes for the player to remember what the most recent save was, after not playing for a couple of days.

In the original WC: Privateer game that inspired Vegastrike, save files were listed in chronological order; most recent at the top. I would suggest this should be the default/only behavior.
Last edited by chuck_starchaser on Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

it will require a bit of extra coding to look at mtime, like a call to stat() on each file, but I think this is a really good idea.

I'll try and do this when I get motivated
Shark
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Shark »

How about using save "slots"? This way, players are the ones who define their order.

I personally prefer this method. The number of slots don't even have to be limited. A new page could simply be created for slots past the first ten or twenty.
()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by ()Alf »

Or some neat buttons like 'sort by slot', 'sort by date', 'sort by name' and what else you can think of :D
Enjoy the Tri p :shock:
My Box:: Board: Fujitsu-Siemens D2156S; CPU: Pentium 4 - 3.4GHz Core²Duo; GraCa: ATI Radeon X1600Pro (PCIe); RAM: 3GB; Sound: Creative SB Audigy 1; 2xHD(ntfs): Pri_120GB,Sec_250GB; OS: Win-XP-Pro-SP2_32bit