Remake Joystick issue

Forum for discussing various mods for the VS-engine based upon Privateer. (Please play nice now, and extinguish all flaming materials.
Sincerely, The Management)
ScottyDsntKnow
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Remake Joystick issue

Post by ScottyDsntKnow »

Hi, I'm new here and just wanted to say how great it is that there are so many privateer fans out there. Privateer was probably my favorite game growing up and is still one of my all time favs. I still have my classic's edition cd rom in my cd book and play it from time to time using boxer.

I was really happy to find the Remake, it adds pretty much everything the original missed and then some. I've only had one problem though...the backward 3 axis joystick option.

I'm using a Logitech Wingman Extreme joystick and when I use the regular 3 axis w/throttle option everything works fine except the roll is reversed. Throttle works fine and everything... But then when I choose the backward 3 axis option the roll doesn't work at all and is somehow mapped to my throttle. So I've had to use it on 2 axis which is how I'm used to playing it anyways but I really would like to be able to roll properly. Is there some kind of patch somewhere or is my joystick just retarded?

Thanks in advance! I'm gonna try out PU for the first time tonight and looking forward to it.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome ScottyDsntKnow it's just a quick edit of a text file to fix that the file to edit is vegasrtrike.config in the main engine i am not sure what it is called in the Remake look for the config attribute the file is XML so a XML aware editor like Notepad++ helps to validate your edits now what are you looking to edit :wink: Have a look herehttp://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/Manual:Config:Advanced:Bindings:Joystick a caveat hatswicthes are not supported in PR for what you want to do the edit is pretty straight forward.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2